Recent Topics

1 Dec 29, 2015 15:23    

Is there a way to customize watermarks for each image? E.g. when using CC licensed image it is not appropriate to watermark it with my copyright.

2 Jan 04, 2016 13:14

@saunders the only "quick" solution I can find would be to disable the watermark plugin, or modify its settings, when you upload CC licensed images.

Adding a new field to the advanced upload display (http://b2evolution.net/man/advanced-upload) in order to override the configured watermark, could be also another approach to your request, but it needs to be developed.

Regards!

3 Jan 04, 2016 13:51

Thanks, mgsolipa!

This would really be a welcome addition to the advanced upload feature. Hope someone takes up that and develops this. I am sorry, but I am only an advanced user, not a developer; so I can't do it by myself.

Its really critical to get this because of restrictive copyright laws especially in EU. Signing an image by watermark not according to license agreements is threatened sometimes by severe penalties.

My workaround is to Upload the image and embed it by div. But this cases a lack in responsiveness and this is not really smart.

Best regards, Will

4 Jan 07, 2016 00:41

Don't you want to display image credits under each image, rather than watermarking it?

5 Jan 07, 2016 09:36

Normally I am used to display image credits under each image. But in this case watermarking would not make any sense. This way this feature would be obsolete, or not? To keep copyright licenses enclosed to the images uploaded seems likely. But leaving image credits under image description is not smart by mouse over and not for SEO. So I would have to make my own image captions and this is not really a preferable alternative. But may be I am to blinkered ;-)

6 Aug 08, 2016 01:15

@mgsolipa wrote earlier:

@saunders the only "quick" solution I can find would be to disable the watermark plugin, or modify its settings, when you upload CC licensed images.

Adding a new field to the advanced upload display (http://b2evolution.net/man/advanced-upload) in order to override the configured watermark, could be also another approach to your request, but it needs to be developed.

Regards!

Where is the watermark plugin?

I'm thinking a transparent background image could be added by css when selected for an image by inserting an extra selector via a checkbox

Form is loading...