Recent Topics

1 Nov 24, 2006 19:00    

Your b2evolution version:
Your level of knowledge of Internet technologies: Beginner
Link to your b2evolution blog: http://

PHP Version:
MySQL Version:

What actions led up to your current issue?
[/i]

g>What have you tried to solve the issue?
[i]

Description and Message

Hi,

I just installed b2evolution. now i wanted do open it. But it just shows:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

So, i'm not that stupid, so i took a look at the Apache2 error.log

I found entries, but i don't know how to solve the problem:

[client 62.47.***.***] SoftException in Application.cpp:255: Directory "/home/www/web0/html/blog" is writeable by others...

I think here is the problem, anyone knows how to solve it ?

By the way a little mistake:

At the very first install page( Willkommen... ) (Language: German) there is a little mistake. There is the word "professionelle" but there it had to be "professionelles" ;-)

2 Nov 24, 2006 19:30

Congratulation, you seem to have a decent PHP host.
chmod all your directories to 775 and your files to 664.

They seem to use a wrapper for PHP that checks permissions of the scripts and their directories.

About the translation issue, I'll fix that.

3 Nov 24, 2006 19:40

blueyed wrote:

Congratulation, you seem to have a decent PHP host.
chmod all your directories to 775 and your files to 664.

They seem to use a wrapper for PHP that checks permissions of the scripts and their directories.

About the translation issue, I'll fix that.

Aww i think i'm stupid :D what does: "Congratulation, you seem to have a decent PHP host." means ? ^^ is it ironic ? ^^ (translate in german for me pls :P )

uhm will the blog-script then just work fine ?

//EDIT: 775 and 664 doesnt work ... 755 and 644 works just fine ... but i haven't tested all functions ;-)

4 Jan 09, 2008 07:18

I just installed and received the same error as above.
I changed some permissions as per this thread and can now get into my blog.
I couldn't find a newer topic so am just wondering if there is a summary of what the permissions should be set to if you have a "decent PHP host".
I just want to make sure I am not going to run into problems later.
I installed 2.3.0.

Thanks

6 Jan 09, 2008 13:49

Those instructions are what I used to install.

If I follow those instructions and change the permissions as directed I get the error as described above.
If I CHMOD the /blogs directory to 755 it works.

I am asking what other permissions need to be changed or do I wait until something doesn't work to figure it out?

Thanks

7 Jan 09, 2008 13:57

It should work well with 755

Just

wait until something doesn't work to figure it out

:-/

8 Jan 09, 2008 14:37

You get this error if your folder permissions are set to 777. CHMOD them to 755.

Good luck

9 Jan 10, 2008 05:16

If it works fine with 755 why not change the install instructions to avoid this error.
I'm not sure what is gained by having a new user experience this error if it is avoidable.

10 Jan 10, 2008 06:24

krazykanuck wrote:

If it works fine with 755 why not change the install instructions to avoid this error.
I'm not sure what is gained by having a new user experience this error if it is avoidable.

I recently had the error on a non blog page. It's your host preventing you from doing something stupid (allowing folders with world write permission 777). blueyed was *not* ironic.

Happy blogging

Form is loading...