Recent Topics

1 Nov 27, 2006 01:53    

You can see my b2evo page here www.kapownage.com

First question is on the left where the categories are displayed how do i edit the way they are displayed as i dont want them to be as big as they are and as far right inside the column as they are

Secondly, where the titles in posts are links these will be external and i need to know how to edit this so that the links are opened in a new frame

Thirdly, where is says More: Test Test Test at the bottom of the posts to list categories how do i make it so that all of the categories are formatted the same so that one isnt bold.

Thanks in advance

2 Nov 27, 2006 20:06

Have you read the manual here;
http://manual.b2evolution.net

If you have and/or couldn't find anything, post back, and I'll help you out (as well as add that stuff to the manual).

3 Nov 28, 2006 22:01

Ive done a search in the manual for stuff like categories.php and request_title etc. but i can find any that really helps me to do what i need to

4 Nov 29, 2006 08:03

Jpwhits,

1) Try adding something like:

#leftcontent a {
margin-left:-30px;
font-size:80% }

to your custom.css file (this should (a) reduce the size AND (b) move the text left some)

2) In an XHTML world, there is no "target=_blank" construct, so you might wish to resort to JavaScript to allow certain external links to open in new windows? (Might require a core hack to provide for this).

3) Some of your"Test" 'mores' are enclosed in <strong> tags, so you just need to find a way to make them all the same. I'd need a closer look at things (less "test" words?) to sort things out.

Hope this helps.

5 Nov 29, 2006 14:31

stk wrote:

Jpwhits,

1) Try adding something like:

#leftcontent a {
margin-left:-30px;
font-size:80% }

to your custom.css file (this should (a) reduce the size AND (b) move the text left some)

This worked perfectly thanks

stk wrote:

2) In an XHTML world, there is no "target=_blank" construct, so you might wish to resort to JavaScript to allow certain external links to open in new windows? (Might require a core hack to provide for this).

Which core file would I need to look at to see about editing it to do "target=_blank"

stk wrote:

3) Some of your"Test" 'mores' are enclosed in <strong> tags, so you just need to find a way to make them all the same. I'd need a closer look at things (less "test" words?) to sort things out.

Hope this helps.

Ive changed the category names to One Two Three if this helps in anyway, im not sure :-/

6 Nov 29, 2006 15:12

The strong tags are coming from your categories. The main cat is wrapped in strong tags, and that's been covered in the forums many times.

Making links open new windows is not so easy. Search the forums since it has been covered, but you'll be looking for older stuff since it hasn't come up as a topic for a long time.

This is a personal peeve of mine, but why should anyone help you when you can't be bothered to help b2evolution by leaving a linkback on your page?

7 Nov 30, 2006 02:47

EdB wrote:

Making links open new windows is not so easy. Search the forums since it has been covered, but you'll be looking for older stuff since it hasn't come up as a topic for a long time.

Ive search the forums and looked through the results but i couldnt find a solution that only opened external links in new pages and the one script for doing this is on a page that doesnt exist anymore :(

10 Nov 30, 2006 21:40

Huh? I rarely use titles as links. ;)

Form is loading...