Recent Topics

1 Nov 29, 2006 04:43    

Hi, my site worked well in Chinese. But ever since upgraded to 1.8x from 0.9.x, the Chinese characters that are stored in database won't be retrieved as Chinese but question marks. It seems that locale language translation files are working in that only Chinese characters entered by users since the debut of the website cannot be displayed as Chinese. Everything translated into Chinese in _global.php or the .po files are well shown in Chinese unless it is not translated. I checked phpMyAdmin database, everything stored in Chinese are still Chinese there. Any advise is appreciated. My website is at http://www.keleding.com. Thank you very much for any help!!

BTW, currently if i type anything in English at backoffice it shows up well in front. However if I type in Chinese, it shows as ????? at front. Thanks.

2 Jan 20, 2007 12:14

I've got exactly the same problem (I think). I upgraded from 0.9.1 to 1.8 and the blog and backoffice are in english, whatever I tried to do.

What I've tried so far:
App settings -> Regional: Default locale = dutch & disabled all other languages

Blog settings -> Main Locale: Dutch

What am I missing?

3 Jan 20, 2007 12:54

@Spuyt12: Djeez, just look around a little more, will ya?

You should download your specific locale file and put it in the /locales folder on the disc! Then it will work.

Standard only english, german and french are included!

:-)

4 Jan 27, 2007 22:27

uploaded 0.9x version's locale to 1.8, doesn't work. any ideas?

Form is loading...