Recent Topics

1 Dec 08, 2006 17:27    

Ok, I just upgraded from 1.6 to what I thought was 1.8.6. Although now that I look, it's 1.9.1 alpha. I thought I clicked the 1.8.6 but now the site is not coming up for me so I can't try again. Question is, can I downgrade to 1.8.6 from 1.9.1? Will I have to restore the database and file system to 1.6 and start over? Should I bother, meaning is this beta stable enough that I should just leave it?

2nd issue. I lost the save button on the bottom of the settings page in the admin. I can make changes to the settings, but can't save them, and when I go to another page, it tells me that I have not submitted so the info won't be saved. I noticed that this button wasn't there in 1.6 either when I restored before. I thought upgrading would solve the issue. I did not restore or customize any files. I removed all for the upgrade and left it vanilla.

Last issue, I can't install any plug-ins. When I click on install, I get a server error:
Additional information about this error:
Group/user permission denied by b2evolution! (options:edit:)
Is this a folder permission error. I'm logged in as the admin. Sometimes it just give me a 500 server error. Not it gives me the above one.
Thanks for the help.

2 Dec 08, 2006 17:33

Well. I feel really silly now. My admin permissions were 9 instead of 10. I logged in with my other admin accound and the plugins and save button were there. I guess the only question is should I leave the beta.

thanx

3 Dec 08, 2006 19:06

I just now upgraded to 186 so I can't speak based on personal experience, but paying attention here in the forums tells me there's not a lot of 'issues' with 1.9B. Therefore I see no reason to worry about dropping down a step.

BTW it's not very easy to downgrade your version unless you have a backup of your 1.6 database and files. Basically you would restore your 16 and upgrade to 186.

4 Dec 09, 2006 16:52

That's what I figured. Version 1.6 I was using was an Alpha and I never had any issues. I backup daily as i'm anal, and host on my own server so that wouldn't be an issue, but I think i'm going to leave it. Thanks.

Pete

Form is loading...