Recent Topics

1 Dec 08, 2006 17:48    

hello...
Im new to this so i may seem very stupid...

I have installed b2evolution and up to now its been really eay and Im lookingforward to making it work how Id like to but I have come across a problem that I dont no how to fix....

Ive tryed uplading an imge when I post but it dident work so I stared reading all the bits on the file mager so Im assuming this is where the probelm is. when I go to the file tab I get this ...

The blog's media directory «media/blogs/a/» could not be created, because the parent directory is not writable or does not exist.
The blog's media directory «media/blogs/b/» could not be created, because the parent directory is not writable or does not exist.
The blog's media directory «media/blogs/links/» could not be created, because the parent directory is not writable or does not exist.
You don't have access to any root directory.

what do I need to do to make it work? thank you for any help!!!

2 Dec 08, 2006 20:55

You'll need to change the permissions of the media folder. How you do that varies with how you work with your web space. If you're using an ftp client you generally will right click on the media folder and choose something like "Edit permissions" or "Chmod". Then make sure that all users can write to the directory. If you're still having trouble, check with your ftp client's documentation.

3 Dec 09, 2006 09:11

thanks for the post.

IM doing this in dearmweaver.
Ive just looked at my host throw the admin function..
the instalation has a config option for the folloeing folders

public_html/blog/conf/_advanced.php

and

public_html/blog/conf/_config.php

at the moment its set to CHMOD 644
is this what Im ment to change? is so what do I change it to?

thanks again for the help

4 Dec 09, 2006 09:38

Nope. Find /blog/media/ and set the folder (not a specific file) to 777 although 755 is supposed to be good enough. I set mine to 777 because it's the only way I can upload stuff.

Oh and I also had to CHMOD my /media/blogs/ folder, so I have both /media/ and /media/blogs/ CHMOD'd to 777. Again it's the folder and not an individual file.

5 Dec 10, 2006 12:42

ok Ill try and get it working!
thanks for your help!

6 Dec 10, 2006 15:04

ok I have chaded the CHMOD setting to 777 for the /public_html/blog/conf/_config.php
and for
public_html/blog/conf/_advanced.php

but its still not working...

what do I have to do? Im not sure on where to look or how to add the settings??

thanks for any help...

7 Dec 10, 2006 15:10

You really don't want to have your conf/_config.php and conf/_advaned.php to be 777 :|

EdB wrote:

Nope. Find /blog/media/ and set the folder (not a specific file) to 777 although 755 is supposed to be good enough. I set mine to 777 because it's the only way I can upload stuff.

Oh and I also had to CHMOD my /media/blogs/ folder, so I have both /media/ and /media/blogs/ CHMOD'd to 777. Again it's the folder and not an individual file.

¥

8 Dec 10, 2006 18:45

hello thanks for the post.
Ive now worked a few things out.

but I still have a few probelms they are seprate to thsi so Ill make a new post in the mean time what should I have my chmod set to should that be 775? if not 775 what should it be?

sorry for seeming stupid. Im new to this.

thanks again for the help

Form is loading...