Recent Topics

1 Dec 11, 2006 01:44    

Are we talking about in the add/edit categories part or in the write/edit post part?

2 Dec 11, 2006 05:57

No, I'm talking about the category list in the write/edit post.

Thanks

3 Dec 11, 2006 06:17

Geeze, i just dug into the code and it's pretty complicated stuff...

Actually are we talking about turning the blog's long name to a short name?

4 Dec 11, 2006 06:39

Yes, That is why I asked for help. But I thought it would be easy since it's in the backoffice and it would be replacing the long name with the short name in the assignment to the variable that diplay the name. I've tried to find that variable without success.

I guess I can live with it!

Thanks

5 Dec 11, 2006 07:08

Well i guess you would need to change line 812 in /blogs/inc/MODEL/items/_item.funcs.php

$r .= '<h4>'.format_to_output($i_blog->blog_name)."</h4>\n";

to probably

$r .= '<h4>'.format_to_output($i_blog->blog_shortname)."</h4>\n";

No guarantees though.

6 Dec 11, 2006 08:50

I guess you're refreing to the new version. I'm using Ver. 0.9.2
So where would this file be?

Thanks

7 Dec 11, 2006 09:30

Grrrr all you people not updating.

My help only reaches to 1.8 versions.

8 Dec 11, 2006 09:39

Thanks anyway balupton for you help. There is another solution to the problem. If I can change the title of the blog to the same title rather than the than the long name of the blog that would do it.
For example, if you visit my blog will see that I had to use my name for each blog to have the same tile page. If can make that the same without using the long name of the blog that would solve my problem.

I'm sorry if I'm asking too much.

My blog URL: www.alkhater.net/blog

9 Dec 11, 2006 12:17

Since you only need it to have the same look, why don't you you put your name hardcoded in your skin ? Just a suggestion.

What is your reason of not updating to 1.8.6 please ?
We are eager to know...

10 Dec 11, 2006 14:15

I'm eager to upgrade and have downloaded 1.8.5 but I'm hestating to upgrading at the moment because as you can see from my blog there are so money addons and changes that will require lots of work and I don't have the time to do it right now.

Also, I'm not a guru and I've forgotten how and where I made these changes. I'm sure I'll remember if I started upgrading.

I would like also to know how good is the performance of 1.8.6

11 Dec 11, 2006 15:34

performance of 1.8.6 is more then 3 times better then 0.9.2

DON'T install 1.8.5 use the 1.8.6 release. 1.8.5 is obsolete due to security issues

But your original question :just hardcode your name in the skin that is in the file _main.php

Then you can use the blogs long name for what his purpose was.

12 Dec 11, 2006 15:42

This the line in _main.php:

<h1><a href="<?php $Blog->disp( 'blogurl', 'raw' ) ?>"><?php $Blog->disp( 'name', 'htmlbody' ) ?></a></h1>

I've tried to use:

<h1><a href="<?php $Blog->disp( 'blogurl', 'raw' ) ?>"><?php echo ( 'Khalid S. Al-Khater', 'htmlbody' ) ?></a></h1>

But this does not work.

13 Dec 11, 2006 16:03

kskhater wrote:

I've tried to use:

<h1><a href="<?php $Blog->disp( 'blogurl', 'raw' ) ?>"><?php echo ( 'Khalid S. Al-Khater', 'htmlbody' ) ?></a></h1>

And how about this ?

<h1><a href="<?php $Blog->disp( 'blogurl', 'raw' ) ?>">Khalid S. Al-Khater</a></h1>

14 Dec 11, 2006 16:18

Thanks Topanga, that solved my problem.

Form is loading...