Recent Topics

1 Dec 13, 2006 16:31    

:?: :?: I am wondering if B2E can be installed just once in my server and all domains use it or if I have to install individually for each website?

Thanks

JC

2 Dec 13, 2006 22:21

I think you would have to do multiple installations for each domain name. This would be due to the $baseurl setting needing to be different. I could be wrong though so let's see if someone with direct experience comes along and explains how it can be done.

3 Dec 13, 2006 23:13

Maybe what I am to say is plain stupid, but I was wondering if it is possible to copy the whole Blogs folder from one domain to another, create a new database for it and edit the config file? Any idea if this could work? Or am I talking sheer nonsense?

Thanks a lot.

JC

4 Dec 13, 2006 23:27

Yes - that would work. It is, effectively, the same as a new installation for each domain. With your method any customization you've done will also exist in the new place, so that would probably be a good thing.

BTW one thing you can share across installations is the database. There is a variable in conf/_basic_config.php that allows you to set the table prefix. By changing that to something unique per installation you can use the same database multiple times. This would work only if the second installation can access the first installation's database.

5 Dec 13, 2006 23:38

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Question about databases, what would be a wiser, safer, practical thing to do, better to create one db for each customer/domain, or just get the big one modifying the table variable for each customer? What would you do?

Thanks again!

JC

6 Dec 13, 2006 23:48

Customers? Completely isolated installations. Domains? My own domains? I've also done it with unique installations because my host doesn't really mind the number of MySQL databases I have. The only time I've put multiple installations in a single database is when I want to have test installations to compare how different versions handle different features.

7 Dec 13, 2006 23:52

Ok, that's how I felt inclined to do. Domains I mean each of customers domains, so best refer to them just as customers. My Server charges me a fee for each extra MySQL thingy, but I am soon migrating to another plan which allows unlimited DB so no problem there. Thanks a lot. I will try th whole thing in andother of my domains and see how it goes. Thanks again.

JC

Form is loading...