Recent Topics

1 Jan 07, 2007 02:50    

I changed almost all my permissions to 777 (which is probably a super bad idea) but... I still can't upload media fromt the posting page. I get the following error- The blog's media directory «media/blogs/http:/www.rocktownhall.com/» could not be created, because the parent directory is not writable or does not exist. Can anyone help?

2 Jan 07, 2007 04:43

You've got something really weird in that path. It's got your base domain after /blogs/, meaning you've got something a bit off in your blog settings somewhere. On your Blog settings tab after selecting a blog and the General sub-tab what do you have in your "URL blog name" field? That becomes what it tries to name the media/blogs/???? folder after, so ... Also click the Advanced sub-tab and see what you've got selected for "Media dir location" because that's also going to determine what your media directory is for each blog.

3 Jan 07, 2007 18:17

Got it. I thought that the URL blog name field was for the blog's URL. All working now. Thanks again!

4 Apr 27, 2007 07:20

I'm sorry, could you say that again, and dumb it down a little?

I'm having the same problem, and I'm not sure I understand EdB's reply. What should I change the Blog URL and Media Dir URL to?

5 Apr 27, 2007 08:55

Go to your Blog settings tab. Pick a blog. See what it says in the "URL blog name" field? THAT is what your media directory for any given blog will be called.

Example: your URL blog name field says 'urlblognamefield'. Therefore stuff uploaded to that blog will end up in a folder (and therefore with a path) called "yourdomain.com/yourpath/media/blogs/urlblognamefield".

AFAIK there is no such thing as a "Media Dir URL" that you can set independent of the URL blog name.

Hope it helps!

6 Apr 27, 2007 18:19

I got it. Turns out my permissions were set wrong on my host server (755 instead of 775). Thanks anyway!

Form is loading...