Recent Topics

1 Jan 08, 2007 00:36    

Someone clicking on a link from idablue.blogspot.com to my blog at http://www.adamsweb.us/blog got this error

403 Forbidden
Please stop referer spam.
We have identified that you have been refered here by a known or supposed spammer.

idablue.blogspot.com is not in my blacklist and I'm trying to find out why he's getting this error.

2 Jan 08, 2007 00:53

.blogspot.com is on the central list, so that might be the reason. Use the filter feature of your local antispam list to see if it's in there, and if so you can unblock it with the green check-mark.

3 Jan 14, 2007 19:24

.blogspot.com is on the central list, so that might be the reason. Use the filter feature of your local antispam list to see if it's in there, and if so you can unblock it with the green check-mark

hello EdB,
i´ve had the same problem with someone, who took me in his link-list and get a page with spam-refferer-comment. I changed it on my local server, but would it be possible for you to arrange, that blogspot.com will be taken off the central blacklist?
yours wanderprediger

4 Jan 14, 2007 19:27

Until blogspot.com police their own site it's going to remain in the blacklist.

¥

5 Jan 14, 2007 22:11

¥åßßå is spot-on. Some free blog sources are very good at policing their service. blogspot is not one of them. To make it even worse, blogspot is such a large service provider that we get (literally) thousands of different reports of different "blogs" at blogspot.

It was a decision that was not made lightly, but with over 120 different "blogs" already posted as keywords and dozens of new ones coming in every day ultimately we had no choice but to respond to the data and publish .blogspot.com as a keyword. From a "service to b2evo users" perspective it made sense because we were able to greatly reduce the amount of official keywords with one new keyword. That means your visitors pages will be generated a tiny bit quicker. Add in that each user can easily un-block a keyword and you see why we published it. I hope!

Form is loading...