Recent Topics

1 Jan 12, 2007 19:16    

Here's the blog I set up (it's going to be a tour blog for a band):
http://www.theartistdistrict.com/bombsaway

When I click Leave A Comment, nothing seems to happen.

Help would be much appreciated.

2 Jan 12, 2007 21:37

Never mind, I figured it out. Kind of wacky how the URL for the blogs work...I just set it to use the default directory /blog/index.php?blog=1

and then I just put a index.php with an include to that directory in the directory where I want it...so all the files link correctly.

3 Feb 10, 2007 13:50

Hey,

I think I'm having a similar problem... When ever I click on the 'Leave comment' link (or the ' x Comments' if I've made one in the back office) the page jut seems to refresh and nothing happens.

Could you explain in a little more detail how you solved your issue please. I'm quite new to this and I've just created my own skin. This is my only issue so far. :D

Many thanks.

4 Feb 15, 2007 18:09

I am having the same problem with the blog not allowing comments. Can anyone help? I've looked over everything and I really don't know where the problem is...

5 Feb 16, 2007 09:15

It seems to happen to me when I select the

Use extra-path info

option in the backoffice. It's strange since everything else other than the comment system works and I'm pretty sure that my webserver supports the option.

6 Feb 16, 2007 09:40

Hello friends! I'm sorry to have to say that it might be a lack of support from your host for that particular b2evolution feature. The thing is if something works with it unchecked and doesn't work with it checked, that seems to point to something to do with your host.

Oh especially using the officially provided 'custom' skin. That is the skin that absolutely (almost) positively is guaranteed to (probably) work 100% of the time for all features of b2evo. Therefore if you check your blog using that skin and can leave a comment, then check the box for extra-path info and it fails, it's 99.9% likely that it's got something to do with your host's server configuration.

8 Feb 16, 2007 15:53

Comments:

No Comments for this post yet...
You must be logged in to add a comment.

Makes it a tad tough to even begin to find the problem.

Also you might like to consider upgrading from 1.6 alpha to 1.8.7 or 1.9.2 ;)

¥

9 Feb 16, 2007 15:59

Sorry about that...the newspaper requires it. Nothing I can do. But you can register if you so choose...

10 Feb 16, 2007 16:23

Based on the fact that 1.6 alpha didn't require you to be a registered member to post a comment ( you really should consider upgrading ) I'd say you have a hacked htsrv/comment_post.php which makes it fairly impossible to help you.

You might like to take a look in the file and see if the "members only" code is blog specific ;)

¥

11 Feb 16, 2007 16:51

Thanks. I'll take a look at it. I really do appreciate all the help from everyone... :-/

Form is loading...