Recent Topics

1 Jan 17, 2007 15:46    

I've installed the Turing Test plugin but I get an error on my page (front end)

Take a look: http://www.theworshipjournals.com/blogs/index.php/b/2007/01/15/church_marketing#comments

I've pasted the error below too. It appears just above the question.

Notice: Use of undefined constant cookieb2evoname - assumed 'cookieb2evoname' in /home/3615/domains/theworshipjournals.com/html/blogs/plugins/_turingtest.plugin.php on line 89

Notice: Undefined index: cookieb2evoname in /home/3615/domains/theworshipjournals.com/html/blogs/plugins/_turingtest.plugin.php on line 89

2 Jan 17, 2007 17:56

Hi Conradical, once again can I suggest that you post your problem on the plugins thread as you'll find that the author will answer far faster ;)

¥

3 Jan 17, 2007 21:52

Actually there's no reason why a request for help with a plugin can't be in the plugins & hacks or b2evolution support forum given the forum's descriptions. Plus there is no turing test plugin thread so ...

Anyway! I just installed turing test on a fresh v1.9.1 installation and it worked without issue. Obviously it's not working for you, so try to figure out why not. Have you done any modifications to the cookies neighborhood of your blog? If so you need to consider that as the reason it doesn't work.

You're trying to allow previous commenters to pass the test. Do you have knowledge of a previous commenter who is not a registered member having this problem? I'm trying to see here if the problem is with asking about non-existant cookies or cookies in general.

Also try installing and using the 'custom' skin that comes with the b2evolution package. I've no idea why it would be something about the skin, but you never know so it often helps to use the 'custom' skin when something goes wrong.

4 Jan 18, 2007 15:03

Thanks... it is sorted now. I did have it set to allow previous commenters and then remember doing something with the cookies in FF... but it's cleared up now and I'm happy. Not sure I it got fixed...

Not sure how to replicate it, but i'll try. Just wouldn not want my users to see it.

Great plugin!

5 Jan 18, 2007 15:38

conradical wrote:

... wouldn not want my users to see it ...

Certainly not! If you figure out how it happened and what the corrective action was please share it so the next user in your situation can take advantage of what you've learned.

Form is loading...