Recent Topics

1 Jan 22, 2007 15:35    

Before, I used to put all posts (which are, in fact, my diary) to the main blog.

But now, I want to add 2 blog (diary and computer), and I want to move all diary posts together with their comments from main blog to diary blog.

Is it possible? And how to do it?

Many thanks in advance! ;)

2 Jan 22, 2007 19:52

The quickest way would be to move the categories to the other blog.
For that to work you need to change config/_admin.php

3 Jan 23, 2007 02:54

Hi Topanga,

Thanks for your reply. Could you teach me in detail on how to do this?

And...as an opinion, I think it is nice if the ability to move post among blog is implemented in b2evo.

4 Jan 23, 2007 14:26

Well, as an opinions, the ability is possible.
It is just a parameter you need to change from 'false' to 'true'

in config/_admin.php you change the 'move chapters from blog' to 'true'...
and then you can change the capters from 1 blog to another in the backoffice.

5 Jan 24, 2007 01:26

Thanks Topanga for helping me! :)

Anyway, if bulk-moving is possible then it would be more nice to me...since I am going to move posts in bulk. :oops:

6 Jan 24, 2007 08:54

You are moving chapters...
if you have 1000 posts in 1 chapter, you are moving in bulk, aren't you ?

7 Jan 24, 2007 13:01

Sorry Topanga...could you tell me the definition of "Chapter" in b2evo blog? I really dunno...

Now I can just manage to move post by post...

8 Jan 24, 2007 15:53

a 'chapter' is a 'category'
if you move a category from blog 1 to blog 2
you also move every post that is in that category

9 Jan 25, 2007 04:33

Oh I see...

Although I am not going to do that...how about if I just want to move "some" posts in a category instead of all post? Do I have to do one by one manually?

Thanks Topanga!

10 Jan 25, 2007 05:03

Might be faster to change each of those posts to a new category (put them all in the same new category), then put that category where you need it to go -- but I don't really know which way is more efficient.

11 Mar 23, 2007 16:25

Just needed to do this myself - thanks for the tip Topanga!

12 Mar 19, 2008 13:57

I just moved by posts from one blog to another, thanks!

13 Apr 21, 2008 09:00

jasinner wrote:

I just moved by posts from one blog to another, thanks!

Did you move the post by moving category as I would like to move a single post and don't want to have to create a specific category every time I want to move a post.

Thanks ng_tim I agree it would be a good idea to be able to move posts easily.

I find it strange that there is no simple way of moving a post from blog to blog, or am I missing something folks?

14 Apr 21, 2008 12:00

To move posts between blogs, you need
1 in conf/_admin.php around line 89 put $allow_cross_posting = 3;
2 open the post you want to move to the other blog (ofcourse you need to have rights in that new blog) and change the 'main' blog and delete the 'extra' categorie

15 Apr 21, 2008 12:25

Ah yes! Thanks Topanga

I wonder why this isn't a GUI option in the Dashboard somewhere?

16 Apr 21, 2008 12:27

amoun wrote:

Not YET
It is on the todo list, but nobody knows what place on the long long list

17 Apr 21, 2008 15:50

Don't temp me. I have a few I could add Oops! breaking the thread here. :) I'll have to learn a bit more to help. :idea: Bye

18 Apr 22, 2008 02:55

Because it's an easily abused (and confused) option, especially in a multi-author community. ;)

If you're in a single author install, with multiple blogs and you do this a lot, you could easily leave the option turned on. :D

19 Apr 22, 2008 07:43

Hi stk
I'm not sure I agree or understand.

There are many things that can be abused, and the beauty is learning how not to.

In your second statement I don't understand. Currently I am the single author so why shouldn't I leave the option on. In fact that was the whole idea.

In the first case you present, different users have different privileges, so I'm sure this option can be included for those, like you, who are nervous about it?

All the best

amoun

20 Apr 22, 2008 08:26

LOL ... that you think that I'm nervous about it!

I'm not sure you understand my second statement, as I said, "If you're in a single author install, with multiple blogs and you do this a lot, you could easily leave the option turned on." (Which pretty much agrees with your idea that you are "the single author so why shouldn't I leave the option on.")

It's the computer ... the option can be included for anyone you like, but the real question is whether it's a hack or if it handled via the BO. ;)

21 Apr 22, 2008 09:07

The problem is that - since I am admin and have rights in all those 30 blogs - I allways see all categories when I create a new article. So I allways have to scrll deep down to find my exact catagorie. And I allways have to be carefull that I don't forget to deselect the extra categorie, because then you're easely crossposting..
and the moment I think - ok I don't have to move posts anymore, lets put it back at 1 - then you suddenly need to move a post and then you need to wait till you are back at a pc where you ftp-rights

22 Apr 22, 2008 11:02

Yeap! sorry stk you said on not off :oops:

Topanga "ftp-rights" needed if its off Yeap! that's got it on the dashboard :)

Form is loading...