Recent Topics

Hungarian localization and accented characters

started by on Jan 29, 2007 – Last touched: Jun 15, 2017

Jan 29, 2007 23:54    

I've been trying to set up a fresh b2evo installation for a small hungarian, but mostly bilingual (hungarian & english) community.

Hungarian localization files which has been found in v 0.9.2 littlebit outdated, some new features' description are missing, but the localization still usable.

My biggest problem is the following: some of our hungarian accented chars are not displayed correctly. Some accented variants of "o" and "u" looks like in that weird accented letters in the "pre-CP852" DOS-era when we tried to use similar letters from western codepages to substitute our languages missing accented chars.

I've checked mySQL tables regarding b2evo, language setting are "latin2_hungarian_ci" for all tables, so it seems to be OK. Browsers detects ISO-8859-2 Central-european encoding when I viewing posts from outside or navigating in admin area. When I create a new or edit an existing post in the built-in editor, accented characters looks normally, but when I publish it, some accented chars changed to another, u" became u^ and so on.

Do u have any idea, how should I fix it?

p.s. some aditional info: If I logged out, and check the blog as a simple visitor, I can see "?" instead of incorrectly accented letters, which appears only logged in state. I've changed the "MySQL connection collation" in phpmyadmin from "UTF-8_general" to "UTF-8_unicode" and back, but it has no effect on the displaying in a browser window. Once more: built-in editor displays those characters perfectly!

I've made a fresh b2evo installation at different hosting provider. New installation seems to a littlebit better, coz' it displays "^"-ed or "~"-ed chars at logged out state too, instead of "?"-s, but it's also far from the perfect. Server-side SQL- settings looks identical for both installation.

p.s. 2. I've checked the char codes, seems to be some latin2 (ISO 8859-2) chars (e.g. "Ő" ( 213 DEC /Ohungarumlaut) or "Ű" ( 219 DEC /Uhungarumlaut) were changed to latin1 (ISO 8859-1) accented chars with same character code (logged in state) or question marks (logged out state).
. And finally some debug info...


locale:

* default_locale from conf: en-EU
* default_locale from DB: hu-HU
* default_locale from HTTP_ACCEPT: en-US
* $evo_charset follows $io_charset (iso-8859-1).
* Set DB connection charset: latin1
* evo_charset: iso-8859-1
* io_charset: iso-8859-1
* Activating blog locale: hu-HU
* $evo_charset differs from $io_charset, but mbstrings is not available - cannot convert I/O to internal charset!
* Set DB connection charset: latin2
* evo_charset: iso-8859-2
* io_charset: iso-8859-2

Feb 22, 2007 22:00

Hi i could make it at 1.8.7 but suffering with 1.9.2 If U still need it i can send U the codes. contact at www.worldphoto.hu
P.

Mar 01, 2007 17:02

I did it at the 1.9.2 too. Little tricky...

This post has 1 feedback awaiting moderation...


Form is loading...

powered by b2evolution – This forum is powered by b2evolution CMS, a complete engine for your website.