Recent Topics

1 Feb 14, 2007 08:50    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I have a few questions and I'm hoping someone can hep me. I'm trying to figure out if this application can have the features I need.

Here's what I'm hoping for:

The ability to create multiple blogs for different users.

The ability for my forum members to automatically have their own blog once they register at the forum.

To ingtergrate the blogs into my website design

To make sure each blog uses my website design everytime.

To add google ads to each blog automatically

For each user to have their own photo gallery

The ability to edited the code (or have someone else edit it for me) to add additional features I may want later.

I know that's a lot, but hopefully it can be done. Thanks so much for any help/suggestions. This seems like a really good blog script, I just hope I'm able to get at least most of what I need out of it.

3 Feb 15, 2007 03:26

CoffeeAddict wrote:

The ability to create multiple blogs for different users.

Yes, by design.
CoffeeAddict wrote:

The ability for my forum members to automatically have their own blog once they register at the forum.

No. b2evolution uses it's own login system. Integrating this with that would be your responsibility. With a plugin you can automagically generate a blog for a person who registers with your blog.
CoffeeAddict wrote:

To ingtergrate the blogs into my website design

Yes, though I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this. The design of any site is simply a matter of content positioning and styling, so yes. It is, of course, up to you to attend to the details.
CoffeeAddict wrote:

To make sure each blog uses my website design everytime.

Yes, by design this is configurable in the back office. If you give a blogger permission to change blog settings and still want to force your look on all visitors then you would have to address that in your skin with a very easy edit.
CoffeeAddict wrote:

To add google ads to each blog automatically

Yes, with one of several different methods. All of which are user-provided add-ons, most of which work well. You choice will depend on your preference.
CoffeeAddict wrote:

For each user to have their own photo gallery

Yes, with a plugin.
CoffeeAddict wrote:

The ability to edited the code (or have someone else edit it for me) to add additional features I may want later.

b2evolution can't give you the ability to edit code, but there is nothing stopping you from doing so. Or someone with the skilz eh? It is free open source software, so open it up and have at it.
CoffeeAddict wrote:

I know that's a lot, but hopefully it can be done. Thanks so much for any help/suggestions. This seems like a really good blog script, I just hope I'm able to get at least most of what I need out of it.

Ayuh. Have fun!

Form is loading...