Recent Topics

1 Feb 16, 2007 09:30    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi,

Like many ppl, appearantly, I've been deluged with trackback spam recently. Seeing as how trackbacks on my site are rarely legitimately used, I would like to disable them.

After searching on this support forum, and through google, I have found many people wanting to disable them, but no newbie walkthrough.

Please, does anybody know how to turn the damn things off so I can stop getting spammed?

2 Feb 16, 2007 09:45

Have you checked out the settings in your back office? Since you didn't enter your version number here I can only guess at what you're using, and that's no fun. What I can tell you is that whatever version of b2evolution you're using, each blog will have a setting that can disable trackbacks. Therefore if you visit your back office and poke around your blog settings until you find the checked checkbox for trackbacks and uncheck it you'll disable trackbacks for that particular blog. Do it for each blog and you won't have to put up with spam from that angle ever again.

I must be a loser. I emptied my antispam table and enabled trackbacks but haven't gotten much spam at all. I must be be really low on the list if I'm not worth spamming. :(

3 Feb 16, 2007 11:48

wow, thx so much EdB,

fyi, I'm using 1.8.2

I had poked around some, but didn't realize that the trackbacks are configured for each 'blog' individually. I normally think of the whole page as one blog. Anyway, from your comment I've been able to go into each blog, under the advanced tab, and uncheck the "allow trackbacks" box.

Thanks again!

Form is loading...