Recent Topics

1 Feb 17, 2007 19:43    

My b2evolution Version: 1.8.1

I want people to be able to enter their email address so they receive updates when a post is made (something like "Enter your email address to subscribe to site updates"). I have not dealt with having people register, so if it can be done that way, I wouldn't know. That said, I don't want to make people register for updates. I simply want them to say "Hey, I want to know when she posts an update." :) Please don't suggest RSS because the people who I am dealing with are not at that level!

I see these features all around the net, but of course now that I want one for myself, I can't seem to find the right google search terms. I thought I would start my search here, in case there is already a feature or hack available, or even a known program that works well with b2evo.

Thanks!

2 Feb 18, 2007 00:31

hudson2001 wrote:

Please don't suggest RSS because the people who I am dealing with are not at that level!

Too bad because that's the right answer. Anyone who can use a computer can learn how to do a new thing with them.

Check out botablog. I just went through the signup process with them because it exists on a very old skin I'm trying to make work with 1.9.*. What'll happen is you'll get a snippet of code to stick in your _main.php file. Your visitors will have to be able to handle signing up for updates to your syndication feed through that service, then that's what they'll get.

I don't know all the ins and outs of it. I signed up only to get the new version of the code for the old skin. I never actually subscribed to a feed of my own to see what they deliver to someone's mail box. Perhaps you'll become the resident botablog expert and answer questions others might have about it?

3 Feb 18, 2007 05:53

That looks cool, I'm going to try it! Thanks!

Form is loading...