Recent Topics

1 Feb 18, 2007 07:24    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

My old posts content use the following posr_renderer:

b2evGMco.b2evALnk.b2WPAutP.b2evSmil

and my new post which show as ??????? use the following renderer:

b2evALnk.b2WPAutP

would that be the cause and how I change it to use the old renderer?

2 Feb 18, 2007 08:12

The two missing renderers in the new posts are 'GM code' and 'smilies'. You'll have to enable those plugins, then make sure to tick the boxes to use them on each post (if they are not already on). For posts that exist without those renderers you'll need to go back and edit the post and check the box to get them included, but it doesn't matter if your posts are okay without GM code and/or smilies.

3 Feb 19, 2007 04:51

Thanks EdB, it did not make a difference to post content.

I'm really puzzled about this problem and no one seems interested to help. Please visit this and you will see that strange thing about the new post content:

http://www.alkhater.net/arabic192/sel_stub.php

Everything else looks OK. The problem is I thing is the function format_to_post in the file inc/_misc/_misc.funcs.php which is not storing the content in utf-8 like the rest of the old post.

I contacted blueyd about this but he could not help. Where do you suggest I seek help.

By the way in my old Arabic (0.9.0.21) I got things reversed. The post content is OK. and the post title is strange chars.

See it at

http://alkhater.net/ablog/sel_stub.php

4 Feb 19, 2007 06:05

Arabic is possibly the coolest looking language ever made. Maybe I think that because I can't read it, but so what: I think it looks cool. Chinese characters makes great tattoos, but Arabic makes great print.

Sorry, but I can't help at all with the encoding thing. All I ever do is hack around the edges and try to answer questions when I can. Um... how are these different posts stored in the database? When I view your source code I see ??? where that is what appears on the page, but I see stuff like &#NNNN; when there is Arabic on the page. Hmmm... سقوط الفرعون WOW IT WORKED! So yeah I'd be wondering what's up with how the posts are stored, but you're probably already long past that point.

OMG you've got RTL! Is that normal for b2evo (maybe because of locale setting), or did you hack it in yourself? I would totally dig on making posts in English using RTL :)

Oh hey back on the renderers thing: I've gotten in the habit of unchecking every renderer I don't need for each post because I think it makes life a little easier for my server. Don't know for sure though.

5 Feb 19, 2007 06:51

ُThanks EdB,

I understand your position and although Arabic script are great and have some beautiful fonts, it is not easy to have it consistent for every browser and not all blog softwares handle properly.

The RTL is easy. I do it in the skin .css file with:

direction: rtl;
text-align: right;

6 Feb 19, 2007 07:17

Thanks for the info about how easy RTL is. I'll use it one day just for kicks.

I see you're making progress because what used to be question marks is now appearing as characters of some sort, though obviously not Arabic. In the source I now see &#NNN - 3 digits instead of 4, that end up with stuff like this: تØÂ

The more I think I know the more I realize I don't know half of it.

Best of luck!

Form is loading...