Recent Topics

1 Apr 03, 2007 23:05    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi,

I just updated b2evolution on my provider's server to the last version.

Now, I remember it was fairly easy a year ago when you wanted to add/delete something from _main.php.

Now, it has been a few hours and I can't seem to be able to change anything without screwing the skin appearance online or getting this message:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/emiliom/public_html/MyBlog/skins/reflection/_main.php:1) in /home/emiliom/public_html/MyBlog/inc/MODEL/skins/_skin.funcs.php on line 71

I'd like to be able to NOT show the names of the blogs, before the Categories. (and the message appears when I delete this part of code in _main.php) :

<?php
/* -------------------------- BLOG LIST INCLUDED HERE --------------------------
* customize this with settings in skins/skinname/_bloglist.php or
* copy skins/_bloglist.php to skins/skinname and really customize it
*/
require( dirname(__FILE__).'/_bloglist.php' );
// ----------------------------- END OF BLOG LIST --------------------------- ?>

I'd like to NOT show the Misc - Login.

I'd like to use my own picture as header and footer and not having it split between the two.

Whenever I cut a portion of code on _main.php, the page gets screwed.

So, if anybody can help me : how do I change those things without screwing the look of the skin on my website's blog...?

Thanks.

2 Apr 04, 2007 02:06

lovesensualitydevotion wrote:

I'd like to be able to NOT show the names of the blogs, before the Categories. (and the message appears when I delete this part of code in _main.php) :

<?php
/* -------------------------- BLOG LIST INCLUDED HERE --------------------------
* customize this with settings in skins/skinname/_bloglist.php or
* copy skins/_bloglist.php to skins/skinname and really customize it
*/
require( dirname(__FILE__).'/_bloglist.php' );
// ----------------------------- END OF BLOG LIST --------------------------- ?>

Disable bloglist in backoffice: goto Blog settings -> yourblog -> display -> uncheck Display public blog list

I'd like to NOT show the Misc - Login.

I'm not sure about this one, but try to disable all permissions for all users exept the admin in backoffice -> Blog settings -> Group permissions

I'd like to use my own picture as header and footer and not having it split between the two.

I have no example of your (previous) site, so I am not sure what it is you want, but you can put the blog in a frame, or more sophisticated , in an iframe.
You can also create a new skin from an existing layout. Check [url=http://manual.b2evolution.net/Create_a_new_skin]Create a new skin[/url] in the manual.

Good luck

3 Apr 04, 2007 02:34

Thanks...

The trick for not displaying the bloglist worked, thanks....

Nothing worked for the removal of Misc - Login (I only have set myself up as admin with no users)...

http://www.lovesensualitydevotion.org if you look at the top of the page, there is the picture (_main.php uses a hdr.jpg file ). Now, that picture is split between the top and the bottom of the page (header and footer).

I would like to be able to use my own picture as a header and as a footer with my own width and height...

Until now, all I could do is to use my own pic but it gets split between header and footer....

Any help...?

Thanks...

4 Apr 04, 2007 02:53

I'm stunned: the top part of the picture (orange / red) is at the bottom of the page and it's not mirrored.

Personman made this skin. Let's both call loud: "Personman, come quick and explain what you did."

The picture is way too large. You could try with your ow pic at a smaller size. Furthermore I wonder what happens if you change this in the ../css/stylesheet.css:

#header {
float: left;
width: 100%;
height: 4em;
background: #25509F url(../images/hdr.jpg) no-repeat bottom left;
}

Change the height to 5em or larger.

Good luck

5 Apr 04, 2007 03:20

Here is the solution to the riddle: The image is displayed twice, once in the header as shown above and once in the footer:

/* -- Footer layout/display styles -- */
#footer {
float: left;
width: 100%;
height: 3em;
font-size: 0.6em;
text-transform: lowercase;
line-height: 2.6em;
color: #0AD;
background: #25509F url(../images/hdr.jpg) repeat-y top left;
}

Here the height of 3em only shows the orange part.

If you've got a larger screen, you'd see more of the picture.

6 Apr 04, 2007 03:22

SOB of a stylesheet.css...lol (I was editing the wrong css file...LoL)

Got it sorted out, thanks.

That was the actual file I needed to change in order to use my own pics, both for Header and footer...

The reason why this large picture is that otherwise on bigger screens ( 24" and bigger) the right end of the picture is not displayed and a blue background appears instead.

I still can't fix the Misc-Login thing: can't make that desappear and I definitely don't want to see it.

And I can't seem to be able to delete the "What Is RSS?" thing...I mean, everything I delete something on _main.php, I get the following message on top of the webpage :

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/emiliom/public_html/MyBlog/skins/reflection/_main.php:1) in /home/emiliom/public_html/MyBlog/inc/MODEL/skins/_skin.funcs.php on line 71

I don't remember deleting/adding text/links/pics on the _main.php being so hard with previous versions of b2evolution...

7 Apr 04, 2007 03:53

I just ported the skin from a free design at oswd.org, so I can't tell you why the image was that way. If you don't like it, just change it.

lovesensualitydevotion, the login misc code is in _main.php. Here's the code you need to delete:

<div class="bSideItem">
<h3 class="sideItemTitle"><?php echo T_('Misc') ?></h3>
<ul>
<?php 
user_login_link( '<li>', '</li>' );
user_register_link( '<li>', '</li>' );
user_admin_link( '<li>', '</li>' );
user_profile_link( '<li>', '</li>' );
user_subs_link( '<li>', '</li>' );
user_logout_link( '<li>', '</li>' );
?>
</ul>
</div>

The rss section is just below that.

8 Apr 04, 2007 03:59

Hi,

I just deleted the portion of code you told me and I still get the message.

You can look here: http://www.lovesensualitydevotion.org/MyBlog/

It's right on top of the page. It's kinda invoking some code in _skin.funcs.php

OMG, driving me nuts...LOL

9 Apr 04, 2007 04:04

Check your _main.php and make sure that there's no output before the skin_content_header(); line. I'd look before the <?php on the very first line. There should be no whitespace or line breaks there. The < should be the very first character in the file.

10 Apr 04, 2007 04:11

This is the code you're talking about, right the beginning of _main.php...

<?php
/**
* This is the main template. It displays the blog.
* However this file is not meant to be called directly.
* It is meant to be called automagically by b2evolution.
* To display a blog, you should call a stub file instead, for example:
* /blogs/index.php or /blogs/blog_b.php
* b2evolution - {@link http://b2evolution.net/}
* Released under GNU GPL License - {@link http://b2evolution.net/about/license.html}
* @copyright (c)2003-2006 by Francois PLANQUE - {@link http://fplanque.net/}
* @package evoskins
* @subpackage reflection
*/
if( !defined('EVO_MAIN_INIT') ) die( 'Please, do not access this page directly.' );

skin_content_header(); // Sets charset!
?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="<?php locale_lang() ?>" lang="<?php locale_lang() ?>">

11 Apr 04, 2007 18:48

Thanks everybody.

I finally fixed the problem with the message.

All I had to do was to delete the following line on _main.php :

skin_content_header(); // Sets charset!

and voila', les jeux sont fait. No more message as the line is called by another file in the blog...

Thanks for the help anyway.

Form is loading...