Recent Topics

1 Apr 18, 2007 08:02    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

I am not sure if this is a 'dumb' request or not but here goes......

Can someone put up a plugin to add a simple link 'blog' to render under a tab off the main blog.

This would be easier than 'de-featuring' a regular blog.

ie when you want a link blog you check a box on the main blog's settings that installs an extra tab to the main blog. This would be where you could put blogrolls, top 20 lists, favourite book lists, .....whatever. These lists could be sorted alphabetically, numerically etc.

This would de-clutter the number of blogs in the back office.

Just a thought!

***Edit***Just to clarify I was thinking of the tab being in the back office under the subtabs of the main blog's settings. So you enter the info there and it appears in your side bar.

2 Apr 18, 2007 10:54

You could cheat and use the blog notes field to enter your lists into ( it *should* accept any html that you can normally post ). Then in your sidebar you could just echo out the contents :-

$Blog->disp('notes', 'htmlbody' );

¥

3 Apr 18, 2007 11:18

Is this like btext?

Where can I get more info about this?

Thanks

***EDIT***

Hold that thought....I am working it out.

So you enter the data under the Blog settings>advanced tab in the Meta:notes field as you would normal html coding that you would do within the skin if you were entering the items as btext or such.

Then you go to the skins>main.php and insert the said code to "echo" the test into the side bar.

Is this on target?

4 Apr 18, 2007 11:32

It's probably easier to do this by demonstration. Pick one of your blogs and enter this into the blog notes box :

<div class="bSideItem">
<h3>A demo</h3>
<p>Hello world</p>
</div>

Then, crack open your skins _main.php and put this where you want the results to be in your sidebar :-

<?php $Blog->disp('notes', 'htmlbody' ); ?>

Then visit that blog and you should see the notes appear in the sidebar

¥

5 Apr 18, 2007 11:54

(slang for ' I really appreciate what you have done!')

I did not have the PHP tags around the code - d'uh!

It works - now all I have to do is perfect the code so that it renders to match the other bsideitem's etc

This work around is great - sure hope others find this thread!

Thanks Yabba! :)

6 Apr 18, 2007 13:01

Hey I think the original thought here is a great idea. Something like being able to check a box that makes a blog be a "service blog", which then means on the blog settings tab it doesn't show up unless you click "show service blog settings". Like the way plugins start by only showing the plugins you have installed and you have to click to see all the plugins.

7 Apr 18, 2007 16:53

Yeah, but I was buggered if I was gonna code that on a sunny day, like today, when there was an easy answer :p

The "full" bloglist only gets shown to admins though, otherwise the list is dictated by your user/group permissions.

¥

Form is loading...