Recent Topics

1 Apr 18, 2007 15:34    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Here's an idea I had that isn't 100% but so what: test your styles by making a post that uses lots of different things that get styles applied. It's not everything imaginable, but it's a good start. I don't have images in there, so that's something I have to address, but hey I said it wasn't 100%! Anyway make a post with a title like "Testing my style sheet" then paste this into the body:

This post doesn't mean anything.  All it does is show what most of the style stuff will look like in my skin.  I can use the <del>delete button (del) to delete these words</del> <ins>insert button (ins) to insert these words</ins>.  After that it'll be a no brainer to see what <strong>the strong button (str)</strong> does before seeing what <em>the emphasize button (em)</em> does.  Links get styled so let's have <a href="http://b2evolution.net">a link</a> to look at.

<ul>
<li>Unordered Lists suck to make.</li>
<li>They are not friendly.</li>
<li>But they can be styled!</li>
</ul>

<ol>
<li>Ordered Lists suck to make.</li>
<li>They are not friendly.</li>
<li>But they can be styled!</li>
</ol>

(Interesting bug there: the ordered list gets BR tags after the close of the list item, so let's see if we can fix that when posting...)

<ol><li>Ordered Lists suck to make.</li><li>They are not friendly.</li><li>But they can be styled!</li></ol>

The code button is for blocks of code.  It doesn't convert stuff though so it's not easy to use.  Even so, what does a block of code look like in my skin?

<code>&lt;ul>
&lt;li>Unordered Lists suck to make.&lt;/li>
&lt;li>They are not friendly.&lt;/li>
&lt;li>But they can be styled!&lt;/li>
&lt;/ul></code>

<blockquote>The block button is for quoting people or websites, and (of course) gets styled.  I wonder if it gets a nice style in my skin?  I'll find out soon enough!</blockquote>

<pre>I'm not sure what the pre button is supposed to do so let's have a look at it.</pre>

That was boring.  Let's try it with some code.  Maybe that'll be fun?
<pre>&lt;ul>
&lt;li>Unordered Lists suck to make.&lt;/li>
&lt;li>They are not friendly.&lt;/li>
&lt;li>But they can be styled!&lt;/li>
&lt;/ul></pre>

That was also boring.  I wonder if it gets any styling applied?  Oh well.  I just won't bother with it and it won't matter.  To me!

We don't have buttons for them, but <acronym title="this is what acronyms look like">acronyms</acronym> get styled.  Also <abbr title="this is what abbreviations look like">abbreviations</abbr>.

That was fun!  I'm going to have to add some images to check out how they look.  Quite a few different ways to style them, so it'll be a bit more than my brain can work through right now.  I'm sure there are many more things that can be posted that get styled, so if you are a b2evolution user and know of something I'm missing leave a comment and let me know what I should add here.

After you post it on your blog visit both your blog and the permalink page for that post and see how it looks. The permalink page is especially cool because that'll show the styles for your feedback form.

Have fun!

2 Apr 18, 2007 16:43

Spot the one with auto-p installed ;)

¥

3 Apr 18, 2007 16:55

Spot the one with auto-p installed

Indeed..
It could do with some heading tags and left center and right components but was interesting to post and see. :)

4 Apr 18, 2007 17:00

John wrote:

It could do with some heading tags and left center and right components but was interesting to post and see. :)

I bet yah copy+pasted ;)

¥

5 Apr 18, 2007 17:06

Yeah I guess I should have said that I had auto-P on. Also smilies but I didn't use any of them. That'd be an easy way to get an image I guess, but you can't really style them as smilies, so you gotta use an actual image path.

The OL bug is annoying. It puts a BR after each /LI unless you don't have returns between each bit. It also throws a validation error for each BR then claims there is no ending /LI even though there is, but I'm not gonna play with it today because it's a sunny day here as well.

Fun to play with though. Over time all sorts of stuff can be added.

I've often thought of cloning the quicktags toolbar to make more quicktags. Like headings and left/center/right stuff. Most of all that stuff is already styled in the default stuff that is often included in the top of the skin's stylesheet, so it's just a matter of having easy access to them.

Whatever. Sunny Day + Hot Convertible = byebye!

Form is loading...