Recent Topics

1 Apr 19, 2007 09:37    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.2

I just switched to a new skin for my blog. The former said 'Leave a Comment' whereas this one says 'Send Feedback' and it's driving me nuts.

Where do I change the visible text back to the 'Leave a Comment'? I looked at the skin files and don't see it, looked at the feedback file and don't see it ... I'm sure it's something obvious and I'll feel like a complete newbie when it's pointed out, but the fact that it's nearing 4AM here has me giving up and asking. ;)

I'm using tic_tac as my skin, if that helps.
http://skins.b2evolution.net/192/a.php?skin=tic_tac

Thanks in advance!

2 Apr 19, 2007 14:24

In your skins/yourskin/_main.php find this line:

<?php $Item->feedback_link( 'feedbacks' ) // Link to comments & trackbacks & pingbacks ?>

Now replace it with this line:

<?php $Item->feedback_link( 'comments', ' &bull; ' ) // Link to comments ?>

There are other ways to accomplish what you want, but that will be the easiest to implement. Basically asking that function to provide "feedbacks" tells it to show the visitor all the feedbacks instead of just comments. The text that shows up with that particular parameter is the text you see and want to change. The text that shows up when the parameter is "comments" is what you want it to be. BTW if you have trackbacks enabled they will show up with the comments, but if you want to display the number of trackbacks each post has you'll want to add another line in addition to the change above.

<?php $Item->feedback_link( 'comments', ' &bull; ' ) // Link to comments ?>
	<?php $Item->feedback_link( 'trackbacks', ' &bull; ' ) // Link to trackbacks ?>

3 Apr 19, 2007 18:13

:D Thank you! I appreciate the help!

Form is loading...