Recent Topics

1 Apr 25, 2007 17:20    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I don't mind PHP in templates.

However, I find that in b2evo a lot of XHTML is hard-wired into the PHP calls which insert template elements.

Just as an example - in the _main.php file in the custom template, I see this code:

$Plugins->call_by_code( 'evo_Cats', array(	// Add parameters below:

) );

Which automatically wraps around <h3></h3> around the "Categories" heading.

Now I don't want <h3> tag for category headings. How do I change this?

This kind of coding is present everywhere in b2evolution templates. I really love this blogging platform, but could somebody explain how I can fix such problems?

I need full control of *all* XHTML tags in my templates because my whole skin design is completely different and uses different heading tags to describe topics and categories titles.

2 Apr 25, 2007 18:03

Pretty much all of them can be overidden by parameters, for example the title :

$Plugins->call_by_code( 'evo_Cats', array(   // Add parameters below:
'title' => '<span>hello world</span>',
         ) );

If you look in the docs you'll see the params for most stuff. Usual suspects are "before/after_all" "block_start/end" "before/after_each", "title".

¥

3 Apr 25, 2007 18:43

Thanks a lot. That was what I was looking for.

:)

5 Apr 26, 2007 04:37

Thanks. This templating system is a bit confusing, but I'm learning. :)

I have created a simple CMS in PHP myself so I'm not intimidated having to edit PHP files.

6 Apr 26, 2007 09:37

Hmm... since this was mentioned... I tried it with _bloglist.php, doesn't work. Was it intentional? Or it will be upgraded to the param style, so we don't have to put our own _bloglist.php file per skin?

7 Apr 26, 2007 09:56

You can change the bloglist stuff with the settings in the "mini-bloglist" file that's part of each skin before it calls the main ../_bloglist.php file.

From the looks of things the same will remain true in 2.0

¥

8 Apr 26, 2007 16:08

¥åßßå wrote:

You can change the bloglist stuff with the settings in the "mini-bloglist" file that's part of each skin before it calls the main ../_bloglist.php file.

From the looks of things the same will remain true in 2.0

¥

Yah that one. Since I just created (or more specifically converted) a skin, that's when I notice the parameters method is easier - just one file to edit "_main.php".

^_^ Maybe I'm asking too much... hehe...

Regards..

Form is loading...