Recent Topics

1 Apr 28, 2007 12:44    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.3

I'm trying to re-install something that I had on an old version of b2evo, where on the Blog All page I can link each individual blog before the linked title.

I'd like:
[Blog Name linked to each blog] + [Perm Link with Title]

I've never been a big fan of "permanent link" since it's bad SEO, but I used the manual to link the title. So I have the second part to this equation.

It would also be helpful to know that kind of Items I can legally call within the post field, like I'm trying to call "$Item->blog_url();" and "$Item->blog_name()" but it's crashing the page. It seems like I'm missing a keychain and I'm trying to unlock doors with my finger. Not fun.

The manual page isn't very specific on this
http://manual.b2evolution.net/Main.php_file

and the section "Normal things to show" doesn't include the normal things I need to show.

Furthermore, BlogAll and RSS:
Why does the aggregator treat all the BlogAll posts as coming from the same blog? Shouldn't they be divided by where the posts came from? Is there any quick patch (haha) that can fix the RSS output?

And finally, a question that's been haunting me for some time:
is there any way to get rid of the (in my opinion) unnecessary "_&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1" from the URL? It seems like a waste of time and my URL's would be much more pretty without it.

thanks.
ilsott

2 Apr 30, 2007 14:26

I'll start with your last question. Have you enabled Extra Path Info in App Settings?

3 Apr 30, 2007 14:29

personman wrote:

I'll start with your last question. Have you enabled Extra Path Info in App Settings?

Sweet! Nix that last question, it works.

4 Apr 30, 2007 15:32

Okay how about syndication feeds and blog #1? Since all posts in all blogs are part of blog #1 (because blog #1 is an aggregator blog) it sort of makes sense that all posts show up in blog #1. Doesn't it, given that?

5 Apr 30, 2007 17:30

EdB wrote:

Okay how about syndication feeds and blog #1? Since all posts in all blogs are part of blog #1 (because blog #1 is an aggregator blog) it sort of makes sense that all posts show up in blog #1. Doesn't it, given that?

Yes, that would make perfect sense. But I once was able to get the [link/blogurl]+[link/title] going in the Blog All. I was wondering if the same thing would be possible with the RSS feed.

I did some digging, and I came up with the OldOld code that I once used, I forget which version, but I believe 1.7.x. This was in the generate posts section of main.php.

<?php
 			$theTitle=$DB->get_row("SELECT blog_name FROM T_blogs WHERE (blog_ID='$Item->blog_ID')");
			//$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']
			echo "<a href=";
			echo($Blog->disp( 'blogurl', 'raw' ));
			echo"?blog=$Item->blog_ID class='maintitles' title=''>$theTitle->blog_name</a>";
			?>

Form is loading...