Recent Topics

1 May 21, 2007 11:32    

Just curious, and to help me decide...

What do you think is the best forum choice for a blogsite?
Or what is your criteria or factors you (will) consider?

Got a list? Why choose those?

---
I am choosing between SMF and Vanilla. Vanilla seems to be the best choice because it is light, and is more oriented towards "discussions" (ie BBS), but in the long-run if the forums grow, Vanilla is kinda not the software for a large forum community.... so I don't know ..

If you have opinions about SMF vs Vanilla that'll be great, if none, then the questions above will suffice :D

Thanks!!

2 May 23, 2007 01:30

I hade recently to find a discussion forum for a customer of mine. I thought about SMF. However, the SMF-specific licence makes impossible to sell anything around that software, and since I was selling the installation, configuration and other services around it, I had to find another solution. So, I suggested phpBB, since it is one of the most used and known of open source forums around.

Another choice would be to check some commercial forum solutions. However, I don't know them for not having used them by myself.

4 Jun 06, 2008 23:40

I set up a forum for someone I know using SMF. I have to admit it was probably the easiest thing I've installed on a remote host. Even easier than a b2evolution blog.

Form is loading...