Recent Topics

1 Jun 07, 2007 00:17    

I've just installed the Footnotes Plugin in version 1.9.3 and I believe I've done everythung as instructed, yet I get an error in the preview mode everytime:
"Tag ilegal: footnote"

Should I change something in the _formatting.php file and if so what, how and where?

Or may the problem be something else?

2 Jun 07, 2007 19:50

Hmm, try to download the latest update (which was last week) and make sure that the footnote option is enabled. The plugin is set to "opt-out" so it means that you have to enable it per-post for it to be active. You can change this in the plugin settings.

3 Jun 08, 2007 02:12

I have the latest Update from your page.

I have footnote enabled but I always get the Illegal Tag.

I've tried in three different blogs in two different servers with the same results.

I must be missing something...

4 Jun 08, 2007 02:55

meh.. this is wierd...
This may be a stupid question (because I'm out of ideas, really) but... how do you type your footnotes? Try just using the examples in the help file (which I assume, you did already...I think).

Could you try it on a 1.10.x build?

Edit: The problem is, 1.9.3 doesn't support a certain plugin event (UnfilterItemContents/FilterItemContents) which the plugin requires. I'll see what I can do about it.

Edit#2: Updated the plugin to version to support version 1.9.x by using bbcode instead, check the footnote site.

5 Jun 08, 2007 04:14

I've tried the plugin in 1.8.5 and 1.9.3, I don't have a 1.10 blog yet until it is declared stable because all blogs I have are production blogs.

What do you mean with BBcode, you mean to turn on that plugin and try yours with it? How would the BBCode be?

6 Jun 08, 2007 05:08

What I mean is, get the latest one (check that the version is 0.2.x), go to the plugin settings and check "Use Alternate Syntax".

After doing that, instead of using the X/HTML syntax, the one that uses angle brackets (i.e. <footnote note="foo">bar</footnote>), you can use the BBcode-like syntax (i.e. [footnote note="foo"]bar[/footnote]). It's not really BBcode per se, but it's uses the same form as BBcodes

7 Jun 08, 2007 05:41

OK, I'll try it and will inform you of the results.

8 Jun 08, 2007 05:49

OK, this time it worked with version 0.2. It worked in a version 1.9.2, now I'll try in 1.8.5 and 1.9.3

Thank you!

Form is loading...