Recent Topics

1 Jul 14, 2007 18:44    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Hi,

I changed the name of the linkblog in my wife's blog -- www.stylefool.com -- but the blog is still showing the linkbog with the word "Linkblog". How do I change the skin so it displays the name of the linkblog -- Courtiers -- instead of "Linkblog"?

Thanks,

rocketdude

2 Jul 16, 2007 09:34

Crack open your skins _linkblog.php and find a bit that looks like this :

if(!isset($linkblog_main_start)) $linkblog_main_start = '<div class="bSideItem"><h3>'.
																														T_('Linkblog').'</h3>';

And change it to look like this :

if( $linkblog = $Blog->get('links_blog_ID') )
{
  $tempBlog = $BlogCache->get_by_ID( $linkblog );
  $linkTitle = $tempBlog->get( 'longname' );
}
else
{
  $linkTitle = '';
}
	if(!isset($linkblog_main_start)) $linkblog_main_start = '<div class="bSideItem"><h3>'.$linkTitle.'</h3>';

¥

3 Jul 17, 2007 22:03

within the same code, you should be able to edit the T_ command to read what you want. not sure if this has other implications however.

PHP: 
    if(!isset($linkblog_main_start)) $linkblog_main_start = '<div class="bSideItem"><h3>'. 
                                                                                                                        T_('Linkblog').'</h3>';   

new code

PHP: 
                                                                                                                        T_('new name').'</h3>';   

4 Jul 18, 2007 00:32

I believe the only drawback to editing the text directly is that it won't translate when it is supposed to because the language files won't know what to make of the new term. But yeah that's how I always tweak 'stock' words. I also frequently get rid of the translation mechanism, meaning T_('foo') becomes 'foo'.

5 Jul 28, 2007 18:23

Yabba,

I tried your suggestion above, and received an error saying "longname" not defined.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

6 Jul 28, 2007 19:26

Ack, that'll teach me to post without checking :P

try "name" instead ;)

¥

7 Jul 29, 2007 15:34

Yabba,

Thank you! That fixed the problem.

Cheers,

Rocketdude

Form is loading...