My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

I know Yabba had a solution for 9.x, but it won't work in 1.93, my version
Any chance of an updated hack? :-/

2 Aug 02, 2007 21:58

I was looking for the same feature.

:)

3 Aug 03, 2007 15:45

Hey MrDav, good to see you're still alive :D

I've forgotten what my original hack was. If you could jog my memory with the code I'll see if I can update it

¥

4 Aug 03, 2007 19:25

Yabba: In /b2evocore/_class_comment.php was this code;

// YaBBa's hack to use renderer in comments 
                global $Renderer; 
                $renderers = explode( ".","b2evALnk" ); 
                $post_renderers = $Renderer->validate_list( $renderers ); 
                $comment = $Renderer->render( $comment, $post_renderers, $format ); 
                // end hack 

I tried to use it in /inc/model/_comment.class.php and it generated an error, but did leave the link. I can't remember what the error was. :(

Edit I reproduced the error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /var/www/vhosts/remonstrans.net/httpdocs/inc/MODEL/comments/_comment.class.php on line 883

The code on that line is:

$post_renderers = $Renderer->validate_list( $renderers );

It did not generate a comment this time...

5 Aug 04, 2007 07:03

Ok, now I'm confused, I just looked at the code and the Auto-Link plugin already works on comments in 1.9.x so all you should need to do is install it.

¥

6 Aug 04, 2007 16:05

Well, it doesn't! :'(
I even re-installed it, and it just won't do it.
If I could just get the renderer/html checker to accept the "a href" tag, I would be satisfied.
Is that a possibility? 88|

EDIT:
You can enter a url from the backoffice editor, but not from the post a comment on the blog page.

7 Aug 05, 2007 08:58

To allow the <a> tag in comments, create conf/_overrides_TEST.php with the following ;)

<?php
$comment_allowed_tags .= '<a>';
$comments_allowed_tags += array( 'a' => C_E_a_content );  // Allowing this will call for a whole lot of comment spam!!!
?>

¥

8 Aug 05, 2007 14:32

Yabba, my man! It almost works! ;)
It generated this error

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/vhosts/remonstrans.net/httpdocs/conf/_overrides_TEST.php:4) in /var/www/vhosts/remonstrans.net/httpdocs/inc/MODEL/skins/_skin.funcs.php on line 71

I commented out the send content bit in _skin.functions.php, and "a" was included in the allowable tags. I inserted the test URL and it generated a similar error message in about 6-8 files when I tried to send the comment.

9 Aug 05, 2007 14:44

Check you haven't got any whitespace in _overrides_TEST.php ( just after the ?> )

¥

10 Aug 05, 2007 19:35

Oh, geeeze. doh :oops:

I copy and pasted into crimson editor, and when I copied I got a whitespace.

You da man!

11 Aug 05, 2007 20:19

don't let yer boss hear you say that huh? :roll:

¥

12 Aug 05, 2007 20:32

Well, when your boss is also your Dad, you can do pretty much anything you want...saving things he has said no to. And who wants to do them anyway? B)

Form is loading...