Recent Topics

1 Aug 05, 2007 03:13    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello :)

I've been doing some trial and error on my own with increasing margins and such within the _main.php on a helskinki template but have decided it's useless. With refreshing the blog face page it never seems to change. *sigh*

Now it's time to ask the experts. I need to know how to simply increase the space between a post Title and the 'leave a comment' on the previous blog? It seems to be squished up too tight and the posts appear to run together.

Thank you for any help.

kat

3 Aug 05, 2007 17:15

Afwas, it's pleasant helpful people like you who help to reestablish my faith in the internet. Thank you for that. Sadly your post (below) didn't fully help.

On your host you have put all the files, probably through FTP. There you look for this file: ../blogs/skins/YOURSKIN/???.css where YOURSKIN is the name of your skin and ??? is the name of the file with the extention .css

In this file you find this code or similar:

.bSmallPrint
{
	clear: both;
	color: #999;
	font-size: 80%;
	margin: 1ex 0 2ex 0;
}

The 2ex determines the space between two posts. If you make it larger, so will the space.

I'm using a helskinki skin that's been manipulated to imput images within the body. BUT the good news is since I believe you to know more than myself, I did check around and see where it might be changed within the area you indicated. Just a few lines above that I found this. (see bolded area below)

.bSmallHead {
font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 0em;
margin-bottom: 4px;
color: #583519;
}
a, a:link {
color: #6E4726;
text-decoration: none;
}
a:visited {
color: #000000;
text-decoration: none;
}
.bPost a:hover {
text-decoration: underline;
}
.bTitle {
margin-top: 8px;
(change this to a much higher number till you get what you want)
margin-bottom: 2px;
}
.bText {
margin-top: 0px;
margin-bottom: 0px;
}
.bMore {
text-align: center;
}
.bMore a {
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 110%;
}

```````````````````````

This worked to put more space between postings. I hope this helps someone else too.

Thanks a bunch! :D

kat

Form is loading...