Recent Topics

1 Aug 12, 2007 18:40    

AstonishMe has released a plug-in that is sure to please both users and developers. Introducing "AM BOPIT", a funky name which is acronym for the "AstonishMe - Back Office Plug-In Tool". The plug-in provides the ability for users to see, at a glance, if their plug-ins (or skins) are up-to-date.

FOR USERS

The plug-in is unobtrusive. It shades the plug-in description, on the plug-ins page, in the Back Office - GREEN = current version, RED = an update is available. In addition, it adds a download link, so all you have to do is click to get the updated version. ;)

The plug-in also adds a "AM BOPIT" tab to the Tools section, where there's a full list of BOPIT-capable plug-ins and skins. Users can easily see/get other BOPIT-capable plug-ins and/or skins, by clicking the Home Page, Help File or Download links presented. They can also tell (at a glance), which of the plug-ins or skins they are currently using.

FOR DEVELOPERS

At present, only AstonishMe plug-ins are BOPIT-enabled. But we've created an easy way (via a simple XML file) for developers to include their plug-ins or skins.

The benefits are obvious! Users will know when you've updated your plug-in or skin. They'll have a visual cue in their own back office and have links to your plug-ins home page, help file and download link.

Developers retain control over the XML file and their plug-ins and skins.

Easy. Simple. Effective

Head over to [url=http://b2evo.astonishme.co.uk/index.php/2007/08/12/bopit]AstonishMe[/url] to learn more about BOPIT and get your copy today.

2 Aug 13, 2007 03:18

One odd quirk: I have the latest version of YouTube plugin installed (0.95), but the Bopit plugin insists there is a newer version.

3 Aug 13, 2007 08:55

It should be sorted now, thanks ;)

¥

4 Aug 13, 2007 11:32

It's all green now, thanks!

5 Jan 18, 2008 19:49

We finally managed to update this for 2.3 although we're still adding all the version information for our plugins as and when we confirm they work in the 2.x series.

¥

6 Jan 19, 2008 02:05

Is it available for download yet?

8 Mar 07, 2008 03:36

The use of "random" for the order of doodlies on the BOPIT subtab is ... interesting. Is there a setting to alphabetize them that I somehow haven't found, or, am I being a snarky little pup in my method of identifying a problem statement and a desired solution to the issue?

9 Mar 07, 2008 09:17

The things we overlook huh? The list was sorted in date added order .... or something. I've updated it to put the list in alphabetical order ;)

¥

11 Jun 07, 2008 02:40

Found a little issue with BOPIT (v2.3.2): it says I don't have the countdown plugin installed but in fact it is installed. It told me when a newer version was available, and it tells me I now have the newest version, but both before and after it tells me [not installed].

Could it be because it is installed in only one blog that happens to not be the 'blog on index' blog? I shall do a brief experiment...

Nope: installing it on blog #1 did not change BOPIT's opinion on whether or not that particular plugin is installed. hmmm.... (head scratching emoticon here)

12 Jun 07, 2008 08:40

It was a blonde moment :roll:

BOPIT updated, which of course you'll know, because it'll be red ;)

¥

13 Apr 01, 2009 05:31

For some reason, when I download the BOPIT plugin into my plugins directory, my b2 no longer shows any available plugins to install.

Deleting the BOPIT folder makes the list return...

14 Apr 01, 2009 10:45

Based on the other thread on this it's a memory problem.

Try, upping your memory limit and then going to admin > tools > system and see if the limits changed

and/or

upload another plugin ( any should do ) and seeing if you have the same problem.

¥

15 Apr 01, 2009 20:00

I downloaded and installed a different plugin (Democracy Poll) with no trouble.

I uploaded the BOPIT plugin to the plugins directory and again the list of available plugins does not display.

I renamed the plugin php file within the bopit plugin folder to give it a .$$$ suffix instead of .php and thdn the plugins list does display.

Pretty crazy, eh?

16 Apr 02, 2009 13:26

In BOPIT, the link for description and help is broken for plugin "jQuery Lightbox plugin v 1.0"

17 Apr 02, 2009 18:26

rossputin wrote:

I downloaded and installed a different plugin (Democracy Poll) with no trouble.

I uploaded the BOPIT plugin to the plugins directory and again the list of available plugins does not display.

I renamed the plugin php file within the bopit plugin folder to give it a .$$$ suffix instead of .php and thdn the plugins list does display.

Pretty crazy, eh?

This still sounds like a memory problem.

Can you do 2 things?

1) uncomment the memory limit ( && the ini_set('display_errors', 'on'); ) in conf/_summat.php, then meander to admin > tools > system and check if the memory limit shown their tallies with what it should be. If it does then meander to your plugins tab and see if you get any errors?

2) Can you create a phpinfo.php ( <?php phpinfo(); ?> ) and see if you have curl enabled?

slamp wrote:

In BOPIT, the link for description and help is broken for plugin "jQuery Lightbox plugin v 1.0"

Thanks I'll let Afwas know ;)

¥

18 Apr 03, 2009 15:36

hi there,

Starting at the end...I don't know how to do step 2 above...

As for step one, some interesting results:

The memory limit does match, and I raised it to 160M. I'm sure this isn't a memory problem, in part because of the next info:

I get two errors without having bopit in the folder:

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /hermes/web03/b513/pow.rosspcom/htdocs/blog/plugins/_sharethis.plugin.php on line 100

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web03/b513/pow.rosspcom/htdocs/blog/plugins/_sharethis.plugin.php:100) in /hermes/web03/b513/pow.rosspcom/htdocs/blog/skins_adm/_html_header.inc.php on line 40

Still, even with those errors (which I'd appreciate advice on how to fix if you have any ideas...or whether they even need fixing), the system works fine as far as I can tell.

And then when I put the BOPIT folder in the plugins, I get this error and then the blank list of plugins:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=', expecting ')' in /hermes/web03/b513/pow.rosspcom/htdocs/blog/plugins/am_bopit_plugin/_am_bopit.plugin.php on line 274

If I have time, I may be able to try to figure out which is line 274 and maybe fix it myself...but I'm far from expert at this and not highly confident, so if you can take a look I'd appreciate it!

19 Apr 03, 2009 16:02

I fixed the first errors by removing a "&" from line 100 of that other plugin, as suggested in a thread regarding a similar problem for another plugin.

However, the parser error for bopit remains...and I don't think I can figure it out since I don't know PHP.

20 Apr 03, 2009 17:57

Line 274 is this one, try removing the & from it as well

function CheckPlugins( & $params = array() )
	{

¥

21 Apr 03, 2009 19:01

OK, I removed the & in 274, then got the same error for 312 and removed two & from that line.

Then I was able to install the BOPIT plugin, but now I get this when I go to the BOPIT page in tools:

AstonishMe - Back-Office Plug-In Tool (AM-BOPIT)

Items in red are OLD. Items in green are OKAY.

Notice: Undefined property: bopit_status in /hermes/web03/b513/pow.rosspcom/htdocs/blog/plugins/am_bopit_plugin/_am_bopit.plugin.php on line 127

Notice: Undefined index: display_ in /hermes/web03/b513/pow.rosspcom/htdocs/blog/plugins/am_bopit_plugin/_am_bopit.plugin.php on line 127

Notice: Undefined property: bopit_status in /hermes/web03/b513/pow.rosspcom/htdocs/blog/plugins/am_bopit_plugin/_am_bopit.plugin.php on line 127

Notice: Undefined index: display_ in /hermes/web03/b513/pow.rosspcom/htdocs/blog/plugins/am_bopit_plugin/_am_bopit.plugin.php on line 127

22 Apr 04, 2009 09:33

What version of PHP are you running?

Try changing both snippets to look something like :

function CheckPlugins( & $params )
{ 
if( !is_array( $params ) )
{
$params = array( $params );
}

¥

23 Apr 04, 2009 14:38

looks like it's PHP version 4.4.6. It's running at my hosting company, not on my local machine.

I wonder if that's something I can upgrade myself by logging in or asking them. I'll check.

Which snippets are those that you just quoted?

Is that for line 314?

Thanks again

24 Apr 04, 2009 14:51

OK, I went into my web hosting configuration and there was a place to change PHP versions and now I'm in version 5.2.2.

And now BOPIT seems to be working!

Wow, I can't believe that was probably the issue all along, and I'm sorta surprised that the web hosting company didn't automatically upgrade the PHP or at least inform me way back when that an upgrade was available.

I went back in an uninstalled my modified version of BOPIT and then reinstalled the original version and it works.

I'm really sorry for taking your time...

25 Apr 23, 2009 06:16

@Yabba

Finally found the time to upgrade the plugin... a few ideas:

- sorry, but the donation icon (missed icon) sucks :(
- why do you bother writing this code if there's a nice built-in function 'fetch_remote_page'

if (extension_loaded('curl'))
{ // we can use curl
	$ch = curl_init();
	curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
	curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
	$output = curl_exec ($ch);
	curl_close ($ch);
}elseif( $fp = fsockopen( $host, 80, $errno, $errstr, 30) )
{	// we can use fsock
	$output = '';
	fwrite($fp, 'GET '.$url." HTTP/1.0\r\nHost: $host\r\n\r\n");
	while (!feof($fp)) { $output .= fgets($fp, 128); }
	fclose($fp);
}

// Read remote or local file
function get_data( $filename )
{
	if( ! $content = @file_get_contents($filename) )
	{
		$info = array();
		$content = fetch_remote_page( $filename, $info );
		if($info['status'] != '200') $content = '';
	}
	// Return content
	if( !empty($content) ) return $content;		
	return false;
}

Nice plugin, by the way. Thanks!

26 Apr 23, 2009 09:33

I guess I need to make a donations icon huh? :P

IIRC fetch_remote_page() didn't exist ( or didn't work properly ) when I originally coded the plugin, since then I've just left the code as it is ... could save a few bytes though so I'll try and remember to change it when I eventually create a donation icon that looks remotely decent ;)

¥

28 Apr 23, 2009 20:19

Want one? It would be like totally meta to donate a donate icon ... even if all I do is steal it from somewhere else :) I just clipped a little red heart and made it be 17 by 17 png format. I'm thinking the money symbol is kinda localized, so it either needs to be locale-oriented or just be a generic. "Heart" is pretty generic right? Like, everyone knows "heart" means "I am not a construct" which implies "I want you to give me stuff".

30 Jun 13, 2009 02:21

My BOBIT doesn't BOB anymore!!

BOPIT : No version information available ( 3-2 )

appears as a Pink error message above the list of Plugins and under the Tools - BOBIT tabs there is nothing as well....
3.2.0-beta

31 Jun 13, 2009 07:39

The clue is in your version name ;)

¥

32 Jun 13, 2009 08:51

My Bobit version is the only available version, unless I'm missing something

33 Jun 13, 2009 14:28

Your evo version, not BOPIT version :p

¥

35 Jan 22, 2010 17:49

I updated a blog from 2.4.7 to 3.3.3 and now bopit do not seen installed plugins :-(
How can I investigate ?

36 Jan 22, 2010 20:55

You can edit b2evo version in conf/_application.php ;)

37 Jan 23, 2010 13:11

Do you plan to upgrade bopit ?

38 Jan 24, 2010 09:23

Hi slamp,
Chances are that the new evo version just needs adding in BOPIT admin (ours not yours ) to make it all work. I'll go and have a play.

We will continue to support BOPIT for as long as people use it although we probably won't be adding any of the new functionality we have planned to the evo version of it.

¥

39 Jun 21, 2010 18:47

No you won't, I just banned your ip from it :|

¥

Form is loading...