Recent Topics

1 Aug 17, 2007 11:47    

i've searched and searched and i either cant find or am overlooking something.

i used b2 ages ago, and found plugin's fairly easy to install, however witth 1.9 auto install from fantastico, i seem to be having problems.

I upload plugin's to the folder in the root directory, go to App settings > plugins and they dont come up.

i've deleted the folders, reuploaded, re-downloaded and uploaded and nothing.
the only thing i can think is that the plugin's folder's permissions are not set correctly, although there's nothing saying they should be changed.

at the moment, they're set to 755

i've tried with about 3 different plugins, and it's the same for each, nothing shows.

thanks 8|

2 Aug 17, 2007 14:06

I'm having the exact same problems...

Just updated to 1.10.2 and when I go to plugins within Admin/app settings/plugins tab, I encounter the IE's "Cannot display the webpage" page instead.

I thought it might be a chmod setting but I'm sure it worked before.

3 Aug 17, 2007 14:08

kingkongballs wrote:

i've searched and searched and i either cant find or am overlooking something.

i used b2 ages ago, and found plugin's fairly easy to install, however witth 1.9 auto install from fantastico, i seem to be having problems.

I upload plugin's to the folder in the root directory, go to App settings > plugins and they dont come up.

i've deleted the folders, reuploaded, re-downloaded and uploaded and nothing.
the only thing i can think is that the plugin's folder's permissions are not set correctly, although there's nothing saying they should be changed.

at the moment, they're set to 755

i've tried with about 3 different plugins, and it's the same for each, nothing shows.

thanks 8|

Make sure you hit the link "display all available plugins"

Cooper wrote:

I'm having the exact same problems...

Just updated to 1.10.2 and when I go to plugins within Admin/app settings/plugins tab, I encounter the IE's "Cannot display the webpage" page instead.

I thought it might be a chmod setting but I'm sure it worked before.

You might like to try upping your [url=http://manual.b2evolution.net/System_requirements]memory limit[/url]

¥

4 Aug 17, 2007 14:16

Thanks for the suggestion.

But I have tried it and it didn't solve my particular problem.

5 Aug 17, 2007 14:34

¥åßßå wrote:

have done and i get all the default plugins, not the ones i've uploaded.

6 Aug 25, 2007 19:33

hey. did you ever get an answer to your question? i'm having the same problem.

thanks
jesse

7 Aug 25, 2007 19:35

there's an html file inside the media folder that you have to set to 775 to get it to work (if you're talking about my question)

8 Aug 25, 2007 19:43

which file in the media folder?

9 Aug 25, 2007 23:16

Plugins don't go into the root directory, they go into the "plugins/" directory.

10 Aug 26, 2007 20:50

i'm trying to install Gallery2. i put the plugin in /plugins, but it is still not showing up in the backoffice. in fact, i've tried a couple of different plugins, but none are showing up in the backoffice.

i've read a couple of post about this "775" thing, but not really sure what it means. believe you me, though, i ain't the brightest bulb in the bunch, either.

help!!!!

11 Aug 27, 2007 01:22

In the plugin section look for a link or button that says something like 'view all plugins'. That leads to the section where you can install newly added plugins.

If you encounter a problem where you have to CHMOD to 777 or 755, google for CHMOD and the ftp program you use or CHMOD and cPanel or the similar panel your host provides you to upload and view the files on your server.

Good luck

12 Aug 27, 2007 06:10

i've read a couple of post about this "775" thing, but not really sure what it means. believe you me, though, i ain't the brightest bulb in the bunch, either.

On this page : http://forums.b2evolution.net

above the forums listing is box with this text in it:

Looking for help? Check out these resources...

The 3rd link is about chmod.

13 Aug 28, 2007 01:50

thanks for the info for CHMOD.

i've made the permission changes to both "775" and "777", but the Gallery2 plugin still isn't showing up in the backoffice. any other suggestions?

thanks everyone!

14 Aug 28, 2007 01:56

the_juice wrote:

thanks for the info for CHMOD.

i've made the permission changes to both "775" and "777", but the Gallery2 plugin still isn't showing up in the backoffice. any other suggestions?

thanks everyone!

¥åßßå wrote:

You might like to try upping your [url=http://manual.b2evolution.net/System_requirements]memory limit[/url]

¥

Austriaco wrote:

Plugins don't go into the root directory, they go into the "plugins/" directory.

Afwas wrote:

In the plugin section look for a link or button that says something like 'view all plugins'. That leads to the section where you can install newly added plugins.

Good luck

¥åßßå wrote:

¥

15 Aug 28, 2007 02:56

thanks!

i've tried all those suggestions, but the plugin still isn't showing up in the back office.

16 Aug 28, 2007 05:07

Right click the page, go view source, does the page end with </html> or is there a fatal error happening?

17 Aug 28, 2007 23:57

am I "view source" of the admin plugin page? if so, it does end with
</html>.

18 Oct 30, 2007 15:40

Is it just the gallery2 plugin that isn't showing up now? What is the exact version of b2evolution? Is this still a problem?

Form is loading...