Recent Topics

1 Aug 22, 2007 06:39    

This is a fantastic plugin. But I'm having trouble with some basic aspect. I really don't want just anybody to be able to create a new blog and have it fully functional immediately, with no Admin validation.

What I want is for new users to have the choice of getting a blog upon registration, but the Admin must validate this before it becomes active. I just don't see this functionality.

Alternatively, the plugin docs say "Also admins can create immediatly a blog for existing users with just one "tick and click"." Where? How do I do this?

I tried these options: In General app settings, allow new users to register themselves, and set group for new users to Autobloggers. In the Autoblog plugin settings: turning OFF Autoblog Frontend.

Now when a new user registers, he is in the autoblogger group, but he has not seen a choice for creating his own blog, and of course blogs have not been created. When that new user logs in, he is taken to this: Since you're a newcomer, you'll have to wait for an admin to authorize you to post. You can also e-mail the admin to ask for a promotion. When you're promoted, just reload this page and you'll be able to blog. :)

How do I "promote" this user? How can I do the one tick and click thing for this new user? Will autoblog then automatically create this users own blog with all the settings applied as when it happens automatically from the frontend (proper perms, stub settings, etc.)? And then once he does log in after being promoted this way with his own blog, will he see the welcome messages when he logs back in?

Using frontend auto-creation is sweet, everything works great, except that there is no admin validation on this. How does it work if I turn front end off? Please help.

Christian

2 Aug 22, 2007 06:40

Ack! This was suppose to be placed under the Autoblog plugin topic!

Form is loading...