Recent Topics

1 Oct 06, 2007 14:58    

hi

just found b2evo and decided to give it a go, installing the latest 2.0.2-alpha (picked from CVS). Got this issue on install and thought I should report it.

After install and clicking the login url and arriving at the login form I got this

Notice: Undefined property: Form::$template in /var/www/www.mydomain.com/htdocs/blogs/inc/_core/ui/forms/_form.class.php on line 523

below the Login button, between the 2 borders. Login works though so no problem. I change my admin password and logout and then click the Admin url to get back to login form. I got the same below as before, but also above the Login: input I now as well get

Notice: Undefined property: Form::$template in /var/www/www.mydomain.com/htdocs/blogs/inc/_core/ui/forms/_form.class.php on line 488

It doesn't seem to be anything serious as login work, but I haven't tested any further yet. I think it should be reported though.

b2evo looks nice btw :-)

2 Oct 06, 2007 15:33

Yep, 2.0.2-alpha in the CVS have those almost everywhere. I think they are not done with the changes or new features that will come for 2.0.2 or they might even go 2.0.3 or 2.0.5.

Was hoping the CVS is usable in a production environment, but decided not to yet after seeing there are lots of changes in it. :)

3 Oct 06, 2007 16:36

2.0.2-alpha is still a development version. Even 2.0.1-alpha is not super stable.

It's called "alpha" for a reason ;)

Having said that I cannot wait for the full release :D b2evo is a great blogging tool.

4 Oct 06, 2007 23:08

Well I feel comfortable playing with the cvs version, just found another issue I might report but I probably just do an cvs update no and then for a while until I get closer to launch it with the rest of my site.

Yes b2evo look like a great tool, I kinda just stumbled on it looking for a simple blog to integrate with the new site I am building.

5 Oct 07, 2007 03:26

Yep b2evo is great, not being biased towards b2evo, but it really surpass its competitors.

I compare b2e and WP with Netscape and IE. IE is for the masses, Netscape is for the corporate, serious, or those who needs "more" than the "masses" product.

b2e is like Netscape and WP like IE. Those who just want to "blog" can use WP, but those who wants more - flexibility, features, security (WP release more security alerts than b2evo), usability, etc. can use b2evo.

b2evo's anti-comment spam and anti-trackback spam is even more effective than WP, it is like using blogger.com with its great anti-spam feature.

^_^

6 Oct 07, 2007 14:45

I am not a "blogger" really, although many years online I have in fact never had a blog but now I thought of start blogging a bit asa part of my websites. Originally I was after something really simple to integrate, but it had to be php. I couldn't find any "simple" php blog though, except what's already included in cms's like drupal but they all have too much overhead for what I need.

I found b2evo's code nicely formated though and seem to be fairly easy to mod, have good performance and a nice community so I am even now playing with the idea to build my site around it - although a blog isn't my sites main component.

7 Oct 07, 2007 16:16

Ahh.. yep b2evo is as CMS as it can get with security and fast loading (and yep less overhead) as its benefits.

I used to use Xaraya, a full-blown CMS which can be turned into a blog. Then I found b2evo, a blog than can be turned into a CMS (which is better in my opinion).

We'll have to wait for 2.0.2 for now though, I am really hoping it will be available real soon, coz so far, the new stuff in it are better than what 2.0.1 have right now ;)

8 Oct 07, 2007 18:55

I struggled for quite a while with Drupal, which indeed is a very good CMS, but it had too much of what I didn't need. Yes, building around a blog seem to be better I see that now.

I am already running 2.0.2 (CVS) as I like to be in the front line ;-) and am just about to supply my first patch.

Form is loading...