Recent Topics

1 Oct 26, 2007 13:16    

My b2evolution Version: 2.0.x

I am new about b2evolution, when the first time I installed it in my server I use 2.0.2. Is there anyone could help me to customize the way people who want to register in my blog by adding 1 more parameter. I intended to make my blog specialized discussing only about photography, so I add 1 more column in users table named camera. and I try to change the htrsv/register.php to add this 1 more parameter, but I screwed it up. Anyone could help me?

2 Feb 23, 2008 00:22

it might be easier to edit one of the fields like ICQ or AIM name or something. One that not many people ever fill in. That would be a lot more simple than playing with tables.

3 Feb 23, 2008 00:46

Hi Rudyanto,

What you want can be done, but don'y do it the way you proposed.
You want a plugin to be developed that adds a database column 'somewhere'. There is no need to attachh the column tot the member table. Simply a relation between the member ID and the camera will do. Then you need to decide what you want to do with the information. Display I presume, but where and when?

A plugin has the main advantage that it is extendible and can keep working when the database is upgraded. Did I mention upgrading? The 2.0 version you use is highly not recommended. Please upgrade to the latest 2.4 version and keep upgrading for as long as it says "this is a stable release".

If you have a more worked out idea of your plans, let us know and we can help you develop the plugin you' re after.

Good luck

Form is loading...