Recent Topics

1 Oct 29, 2007 16:24    

I'm using version 2.x of B2evolution

I'd like to have a recent articles list in sidebar and i'm trying to do it with sideblog (http://brendoman.com/dbc/2006/07/12/sideblog_plugin_for_b2evolution)

After copying and installing the plugin, I put

$Plugins->call_by_code( 'sideblog', array(
'limit' => 5,
'blog' => 1,
) );

in _sidebar.inc.php of my skin

but received the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function Blog_get_by_ID() in /nobel/raoul978/b2evolution/blogs/plugins/_sideblog.plugin.php on line 117

Since i'm a beginner in php, I would really appreciate your help with this! And i'm surely not the only one with this problem. :)

2 Nov 05, 2007 22:26

I too have that issue and would love to get my sideblog working!

3 Dec 21, 2007 00:59

I also have the plugin for my production site and decided that I am going to start transitioning to 2.2. I modified the plugin which you can download [url=http://hemeac.com/_sideblog.plugin.txt]here[/url]. Just rename the .txt to .php. I added a few features. Now you add the plugin(s) just like a standard widget and you can choose which blog, how many posts, etc. for the blog via the widget properties, no more code to add to the skins.

4 Dec 21, 2007 01:29

COOL just got it up TYTY

5 Dec 21, 2007 14:22

hemeac, do you mind if I merge your changes into the 2.x version of the plugin (including giving you credit, of course)?

6 Dec 22, 2007 22:33

Personman, go right ahead and merge it. Most of the code I used was just borrowed from various parts of the b2evo code, I probably shouldn't get credit.

8 Dec 28, 2007 22:31

Edgar,
I'll vouch for that file. I was working on a new version based of of it, but then I found out that this feature was going to be covered by an expanded linkblog widget in that will ship with b2evolution. So, use hemeac's file for now, but watch for this to be included in b2evolution. If it doesn't come out soon I'll release a plugin and add it to the directory.

9 Jan 02, 2008 14:21

This feature is now a part of b2evolution. It was added in 2.3.0. I just tested it and it works great. Thanks to YaBBa for implementing it. So, the plugin is now obsolete.

10 Mar 24, 2008 02:49

Perhaps this is something simple in my config. In the pre-2.0 version, I used the sidebar blog plugin to display my second blog which was simply a list of amazon.com books. However, when I try to use the new linkblog widget or the post list widget, no content from the second blog displays.

The second blog is just a bunch of links to images (the books); there are no post titles because I did not want the titles to be cluttering up the display of the images. Here is that blog: http://blog.davewrites.com/index.php?blog=3

How can I get this to display in the right hand sidebar? I tried to check of the "show excerpt" box for post list, but it has no effect.

11 Mar 01, 2009 02:13

personman wrote:

This feature is now a part of b2evolution. It was added in 2.3.0. I just tested it and it works great. Thanks to YaBBa for implementing it. So, the plugin is now obsolete.

HI,

if this is now implemented as Post List widget (I am assuming part of 2.4.6 as well), why does it not have all the options SideBlog plugin/widget had? Or is there a way to change that?

I used the modified _sideblog_plugin mentioned in one of the previous posts in this thread, added it as a widget - and I could choose to display the title, body of the post, etc... that worked well to display a list of book from my "Reading List" blog (each post includes an image and a book title/author).

I have tried using Post List to do the same, but it only displays post titles. And there is no option in Post List widget itself to change that. Or is there?

Thanks

Zrinka

Form is loading...