Recent Topics

1 Nov 26, 2007 04:54    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

It's weird. I had 2 smilies plugins in my plugins->install page so I deleted the file. And lots of other plugins I don't and probably won't use. Now I have a smilies plugin available to install. When I click it's name I get the "install now" screen with this text:

Name: smilies_plugin
Code: - This 32 character code uniquely identifies the functionality of this plugin. It is only necessary to call the plugin by code (SkinTag) or when using it as a Renderer.
Short desc: No desc available
Long desc: No description available
Version: 0
Classname: smilies_plugin
Class file: plugins/_smilies.plugin.php

That doesn't make any sense! It lets me install it, but then everything leads to it realizing it doesn't exist. Deleting it is the only thing that works, except there is no delete button on the page to install a plugin from :(

So ... uh ... how do I get rid of stuck smilies? I took a look at the database (evo_plug*) and didn't see anything aha-ish, but I don't really know where to look.

2 Nov 27, 2007 11:59

you could try deleting the entry in evo_plugins ... be interesting to see if it shows as available for install again

¥

3 Nov 27, 2007 15:11

There wasn't anything in evo_plugins to delete! I went so far as to uninstall all the installed plugins then verified that all plugin-related tables were empty.

I did find the answer though. Somehow I managed to upload a copy of smilies plugin to the youtube plugin folder. It therefore somehow figured out "okay we got this plugin file hiding inside a folder so I'll show it, but for sure I won't install it".

Deleting the extra file from that plugin cured the existence of the uninstallable plugin. Now I have to figure out how to make smilies be my smilies AND how to make the "different smilies for commenters" work in 210.

Operator Error = Case Closed.

Form is loading...