Recent Topics

1 Dec 19, 2007 22:51    

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /hsphere/local/home/itchinto/itchintoscrap.com/blogs/inc/items/model/_itemlight.class.php on line 211

I have been getting this error EVERYTIME I save a post. It just started when I upgraded to the newest version vegas again.

Any thoughts?

2 Dec 20, 2007 14:35

You can try replacing your "inc" folder with a brand new copy of it. Start by getting a fresh download of 220 and unzipping it. Next delete your "inc" folder from your server. Finally, upload the NEW "inc" folder from what you just unzipped on your computer.

The idea is maybe somewhere during upgrading something got trashed in your "inc" folder. Could have been when downloading the zip, or unzipping it, or uploading it. Either way, IF this is the problem then a fresh download would be the solution.

Hope it helps!

3 Dec 20, 2007 15:38

My guess is that Yabba is going to reply to this topic soon and will say something like "Darn, didn't find that one, I am going to add it to my TODO list."

4 Dec 20, 2007 18:54

I'd try EdB's suggestion first, then I'd play with the memory limit ;)

¥

5 Dec 20, 2007 20:21

Ok got a new inc folder in there and its gone done it again!

Now considering I really don't know much about anything but trial and error when playing with my blogs and codes and all that stickiness. Whats the memory limit?

7 Dec 20, 2007 20:47

Ok so deleted a bunch o plugins. Still did it.

On to option 2:

* Change this setting in blogs/conf/_advanced_config.php:

// If you get blank pages, PHP may be crashing because it doesn't have enough memory.
// The default is 8 MB (set in php.ini)
// Try uncommmenting the following line:
ini_set( 'memory_limit', '16M' );

How do I uncomment a line?

8 Dec 20, 2007 20:51

also its not a blank page its an error page, would that be the same thing?

9 Dec 20, 2007 23:21

Ive also done this and it still errors:

* Add this to .htaccess:

# Increase memory limit
php_value memory_limit 16M

when I contacted my host they would not let me increase the memory like it says to do in this step:

* Edit your php.ini file (ask your hosting provider if you don't know what this is) and increase the value of memory_limit, for example:

memory_limit = 16M

10 Dec 21, 2007 11:35

Nicca619 wrote:

Ok so deleted a bunch o plugins. Still did it.

On to option 2:

* Change this setting in blogs/conf/_advanced_config.php:

// If you get blank pages, PHP may be crashing because it doesn't have enough memory.
// The default is 8 MB (set in php.ini)
// Try uncommmenting the following line:
ini_set( 'memory_limit', '16M' );

How do I uncomment a line?

The // is the start of a comment. A commented line starts with //. If you remove the // the line is uncommented.
(there are other ways to comment a line, but search Google for that).

Good luck

11 Dec 21, 2007 22:35

yeah we have site workage! Thank you guys!

12 Jan 22, 2008 13:00

welp Ive upgraded to the newest version and Im back at this error again. Ive done all the above and no fix, any other ideas ?

13 Jan 22, 2008 19:11

Nicca619 wrote:

when I contacted my host they would not let me increase the memory like it says to do in this step:

Try my host, interAdvantage.com. They have a php memory limit of 24 Mb on my server by default.

14 Feb 03, 2008 00:01

I recommend FileZilla 3 when uploading.

It actually is much better than previous versions at telling you how many files did not upload correctly.

And it lets you easily re-queue those files with a right click.

Much faster than whiping out an entire inc folder and reuploading it completely.

15 Feb 03, 2008 08:21

So FireFTP is not so good? But it didn't seem to be any files. First time it was fixed by uncommenting. This time I uncommented in _advanced not _advanced_config (couldnt find that one) and its erroring still.

WOW look at all your stars François!

16 Feb 11, 2008 21:43

I did a fresh install seems to still do it after every post I write. But now its a diffrent line:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /hsphere/local/home/itchinto/itchintoscrap.com/blogs/inc/items/model/_itemlight.class.php on line 213

Form is loading...