Recent Topics

1 May 31, 2004 22:55    

I've tried to upgrade my b2 to b2evo and everything was fine. The problem is that the search gives nothing when you query a word in Russian (Search in English is fine). I customized the b2evo in to Russian and charset "Win 1251" . It also doesn't count words in a post when it's in Russian (Again in English it's OK)..
How to make it work?

2 Jun 01, 2004 00:06

I think it is a mysql issue. You must have mysql configured to handle your charset correctly. Do you have other PHP+mySQL apps to test this with?

Also you should really consider contributing your language file for Russian to the project. That way, other Russian users can benefit from it and the Russian community is likely to grow + provide specific solutions of using b2evo in Russian.

3 Jun 01, 2004 09:29

Actually I already use applications that use Russian charset (foe example my current b2 (cafelog) engine at http://www.punkito.com/). And now I'm testing b2evo locally and that problem goes on.
I'm still searching solution and will report it if find faster..

Also you should really consider contributing your language file for Russian to the project. That way, other Russian users can benefit from it and the Russian community is likely to grow + provide specific solutions of using b2evo in Russian.

I was thinking about that thing and asap contact contributors team for details..

4 Jun 01, 2004 17:10

Do you have Russian locale for b2evo? I.e., I assume that when you post something, you need to define the post's language, right? So, if you do not have Russian locale installed on b2evo, your posts can't be searched for keywords in Russian.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but before utf-8 I used windows-1257 charset and search did work on many installations (Win, *nix). So, this is not related to WAMP or LAMP, I guess.
Cheers!

5 Jun 02, 2004 12:28

Thanks mg! That was the thing... I haven't posted any Russian text after localization. Now it works... But here a new question... If I'll upgrade my b2 (cafelog) to b2evo will it search in my old posts or only in new once? If the last, how can I make it work in all the posts?

6 Jun 02, 2004 20:57

When you upgrade, make sure you've got your russian translation uploaded, and selected from the list, and all your posts will be labelled as russian.

Form is loading...