Recent Topics

1 Jan 13, 2008 02:23    

Uploaded my old 1.8.x database to 2.3.0rc1, it has four blogs by default, two I made and the two defaults, linkblog and 'blog all'.

I deleted one of my old ones, then went to the file manager and went to upload an image.

At the file manager start screen I see only one folder, rightly, for the one remaining active blog. it has no files in it. No problem.

I clicked the 'upload' sort-of button at the top right, and I see a different screen, with the browse selectors, but to the left is a list of four folders including one for the deleted blog, which is selected.

This may be a bug or more likely just an interface issue (or wetware problem ;) ), but I don't understand why there are four folders there, it's unclear what happens if I select them, and particularly why if I have deleted a blog there's still a folder showing for it.

2 Jan 13, 2008 06:45

Have you tried via FTP or maybe cpanel to see if the directories are really there? I'm guessing that when you first visit file manager it shows you what exists for each blog (or user if you do it that way), then when you actually go to upload it shows you all the paths that actually do exist.

Does sort of sound buggish though. Like when deleting a blog it should deal with media folders for that blog, and potentially any content in those folders.

3 Jan 13, 2008 09:55

Does sort of sound buggish though. Like when deleting a blog it should deal with media folders for that blog, and potentially any content in those folders.

yep.
Same thing when deleting users. Media folders should be removed.

4 Jan 13, 2008 13:01

Using Plesk file manager I did indeed look and the folders do seem to have gone from /media, although i suppose they could be hidden somewhere else.

i'm probably more bothered by the lack of easily understandable interface for that screen - obviously i'm not going to use those phantom folders, but what _should_ I use? Actually i can upload from the previous screen anyway, so what's the upload screen about? Might be really handy...

5 Jan 13, 2008 17:26

The upload link on the top right took me to the "Upload multiple" tab. Useful for uploading more than one file at a time I guess.

I'm guessing, but have you tried clearing your pre-rendered cache on the tools->misc tab? I'm thinking that if the folders aren't really there then there is no reason for it to say "here are the options for paths" except for maybe it remembers paths that used to be there.

Personally I miss the fancy extra fields as part of uploading, but would be a feature request and this is the bugs forum.

6 Jan 13, 2008 23:01

A very good thought - cache duly purged. Still there.

I hadn't noticed that the right-hand upload link is actually the same as the 'upload multiple' tag. From a users point of view the link is redundant, I'd say- presumably a bit of cleaning-up left behind. Anyway, thanks for pointing out the obvious!

Back to stretching my mind with widgets and 'automagic' CSS for me now. :)

Form is loading...