Recent Topics

1 Jan 14, 2008 01:03    

I finally convinced Scott to allow me to work my bollocks off for a few days and upgrade AstonishMe ... we're still working on it so it probably has loads of dead links and stuff, and it may or may not work in any other browser than mine ... but who cares, our stats show that 57% of our visitors have an unknown browser and less than 12% are still crippling their experience by using IE ;)

So, without further ado, I bring you the new [url=http://astonishme.co.uk]127.0.0.1[/url]

Someone aught to tell the FG that cyan is passée and grey is the new black ;)

¥

ps. just to make a point, pretty much everything you see is widgets, containers and css .... the core was barely touched ;)

2 Jan 14, 2008 01:49

2 CSS errors that are totally fixable. Hint on the second one: if you want a negative em for your margin you put a "-" in front of the number instead of reversing the letters ;)

I think it would help me if the slightly darker grey behind the boxes on the right was used all over the page. Reading "only a little grey" on "not that much grey" is kinda tiring.

3 Jan 14, 2008 01:56

The only problem is most likely with my eyes:(
They keep saying there isn't enough contrast between the text and the background, but other than that , a unique design and very organised.

4 Jan 14, 2008 05:09

When leaving a comment on a post I noticed that your comment box doesn't make a scroll bar, meaning my typing was out of sight.

5 Jan 14, 2008 12:05

Thanks for the criticism guys, I've corrected both css errors ( lol, gotta love typos :p ) and increased the contrast between the text and the background.

I've also added a scrollbar to the comment box ( note to self, type longer replies when testing stuff :P ). We've still got some farting around to do with the comment form, mainly colours and getting it working in IE6 for the sub-section of the 12% who are truly crippling their experience of the web.

The next job is to start hunting down all the dead links and changing all the http://site/ links we have in some of the widgets.

Of course, I really should finish moving all the other sites onto the new server, but all work and no play gets boring rapidly ;)

¥

6 Jan 14, 2008 12:40

Very nice skin!
And Russian-friendly now.

What about left corner of the comment and "About you" forms? Is it supposed to be green?

8 Jan 14, 2008 13:08

Thanks for that contrast tweak :)

9 Jan 14, 2008 13:57

sam2kb wrote:

Very nice skin!
And Russian-friendly now.

Yay at last :D

There's still a load more tweaking to do before it's finished, but we also have quite a bit of behind the scenes work to do as well, mainly with bopit , so work may seem to progress at a snails pace ;)

¥

10 Aug 28, 2008 13:58

Had a look at the site. Cool and original. BUT under firefox 3 running on a linux O/S, it does not display correctly. The main navigation menu on the right (if that is what you'd call it) overlays the main content that runs the full width of my screen. So I cannot read what is under the nav. menu??

Form is loading...