Recent Topics

1 Jan 15, 2008 20:43    

to a brand new shiny bright cc license plugin. It'll do v3.0 and still support your v2.5 or v2.0 licenses if you used the plugin from back in the day. It'll have big buttons or symbols OR 'blog badges' if you're into those skinny ones. It'll even have ... okay MAYBE it'll even have a built in carbon neutral car wash that doesn't use any water.

2 Jan 15, 2008 21:50

Wow internationalization is gonna be a pain in the butt :( I hope I don't have to do an English-only release :'(

Then again I got the automatic waxing system working flawlessly :)

3 Jan 15, 2008 22:29

Did you ever edit like a million files and click "save all" before asking yourself if you had a working backup handy only to find out that NO you don't have a working backup handy? Yeah: me too :roll:

4 Jan 16, 2008 00:00

lol, before now I've had to email someone who had a working version installed and ask for a zip :P

¥

5 Jan 16, 2008 00:14

Dude I am totally smokin' this thing. The old one SUCKED!

Internationalization is the big ugly right now for 2 reasons. First, not all languages are up to v3.0. Second, "English" is broken into a couple of national jurisdictions to ensure the legal text matches and aligns with local laws. For example "moral rights" is legal-speak in some English speaking countries.

So now what I need to do is read the post's locale lang bit to make sure I'm producing a license that is valid in that language. Then I need to make sure the en_NN variations are handled by twinkling with the nation bit in the "locale".

Damn straight though I got it working tight and right yah? Stay tuned for a post somewhere seeking non-US help to verify that it produces a properly localized license OR simply fails OR defaults to "en_US".

6 Jan 16, 2008 00:20

*grabs popcorn ...... and beer* :D

¥

Form is loading...