Recent Topics

1 Jan 29, 2008 15:24    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Every time I try to log-in it goes back to the log-in page. I can't get any access. It was working fine for a while; but stopped letting me in suddenly.

My version is 1.10.2
Any suggestions!
http://www.faux.homedesignsense.com/blog

2 Jan 29, 2008 15:28

What changed between it working and not working? Have you tried clearing your cookies ?

¥

3 Jan 29, 2008 16:03

Cleared cookies. I added Wikipedia Links, Usable Skin and avatatrs plugins. Should I remove them?

4 Jan 29, 2008 16:07

I'd probably uninstall all 3, clear my cookies ( again ) then login and roam and see if it works.

If it does then install all 3 one at a time and go for a roam between installs.

If it doesn't then I'd probably scratch my head for a while and ( if I was on shared hosting ) I'd probably consider asking my host if they'd done any updates recently.

Whilst waiting for my host to deign to reply to me I'd probably try changing the $instance_name in conf/_advanced.php ( approx 147 )

/**
 * Short name of this system (will be used for cookies and notification emails).
 * Change this only if you install mutliple b2evolutions on the same website.
 * WARNING: don't play with this or you'll have tons of cookies sent away and your
 * readers surely will complain about it!
 * You can change the notification email address alone a few lines below.
 * @todo generate a random instance name at install and have it saved in the global params in the DB
 * @global string Default: 'b2evo'
 */
$instance_name = 'b2evodev'; // MUST BE A SINGLE WORD! NO SPACES!!

¥

5 Jan 29, 2008 16:44

It worked!

I remove the plugins. cleared the cookies...again.
Replaced the plugins one at a time and checked the login process with each.
Left out the Avatars because it is in Beta.
Changed the code as you suggested and all is fine.

Thanks for you help!

6 Feb 01, 2008 22:43

I have just the same problem (on 1.8) and thought this post was surely the answer.

I changed the instance name as Yabba suggested, but no joy. I'm unable to log in and just get dumped back at login.php whatever I do, whatever I enter, and with no errors, nothing showing up on debug, nothing in the FF error console, whatever login I use, whatever machine I use, whatever browser I use, when I delete all cookies, whatever. I re-uploaded the whole of htsrv from a clean download. Nothing. I'm out of ideas. Anyone?

7 Feb 02, 2008 00:10

Yeah, pm me a login ..... and ftp details may help ;)

¥

8 Feb 02, 2008 00:33

ffs - when I said "pm me" I meant at a reasonable hour huh :|

I'll try not to break things whilst I play ...... at a reasonable hour

¥

9 Feb 02, 2008 00:59

ok this is trippy, when I dump $_POST/$_GET the answer is array() [ ie/ bugger all ] . If I refresh I don't get asked if I want to resubmit the form data. I can *see* the data in $_REQUEST but I can't do a lot with it. The same problems occurs on your comment forms but I know they used to work because I've [url=http://naturenet.net/blogs/index.php/2007/10/25/britneyspearsc#c1234]spammed[/url] you in the past.

things to try :
1) ask yer host if they've made any changes recently .... though buggered if I can think of any that may have caused this
2) get a second opinion from that EdB geezer ... if you catch him on a good day he may have a flash of inspiration that may or may not resemble brilliance but certainly has enough bullshit to blind the scientists
3) nudge me at a reasonable hour ... preferably with a coffee and a smile .... hmmm, maybe not the smile, that'd probabaly scare me first thing ,I've seen yer pic :|

¥

ps. sorry, I bust yer blog for a tad ;)

10 Feb 02, 2008 01:12

I changed my password and got access. Everything is fine. It seems that certain configurations of caps and numbers create problems, but I don't know which configs work or don't work.

I do know that I went into my c-panel and then sql database and changed the password there. It is an MD5 encrypt for b2 evolution. It works fine now.

Hope that helps.

11 Feb 02, 2008 01:52

Blimey, what fun. Thanks Yabba for rummaging in me innards. It didn't hurt a bit. Sorry if I disturbed your well earned rest, but you'll just have to disconnect the PM-alarm from your pacemaker.

I'm guessing from what you say that I should be looking at the database? I do have a backup amazing though it may seem, albeit a pretty old one of course, so if that would be any use I could try it.

I'll also see if I can get some sense out of the host but I shan't hold out much hope. I'll also ask EdB who's a much more likely candidate for sense.

Ta again. I'll drop you a PM in daylight some time as you suggest.

12 Feb 02, 2008 02:13

filthio wrote:

I'll also ask EdB who's a much more likely candidate for sense.

ha ha ha ho ho ho ha ha ha ho ho ho ha ha ha ho ho ho ha ha ha!

The day a crusty bastard drunken fool who can't keep his head on straight without significant medication is "a much more likely candidate for sense" is ... I dunno ... uh ... the day a crusty bastard drunken fool who can't keep his head on straight without significant medication is a much more likely candidate for sense?

So if ¥åßßå is stumped I'll start at the serious end of town. PM me your basic stuff (b2evo login name and password) and something that lets me get in to your actual host. Like so I can play in cpanel or phpmyadmin. Or save me a bit of headache and use both backup via cpanel and export via phpmyadmin to get two backups of your database as it exists today, then PM me with a link to where I can download them from. And what the heck FTP access too.

I want to poke around and see what I can see just in case the new medication is as good as the doctor on the internet who prescribed it claims it to be. Like can I duplicate it on my machine here, and if not can I duplicate it on servers I get to play with. Stuff like that.

Oh yeah I forgot to ask: what's the problem here? Can't login right? Keep getting dumped back to the login page? For the sake of clarity: you didn't just change servers or domains or paths or something right? Tinker with features your host provides that might have tinkered with .htaccess maybe? Just asking because usually some action immediately preceeding an undesirable situation is responsible for the undesirable situation, though we often don't realize the association until we've beaten ourselves up trying to find it.

Or something like that.

Gotta go for a bit yah? Looks like the DEA is delivering my new medicine :)

13 Feb 02, 2008 02:37

EdB, you do yourself an injustice. Not to mention that I was only suggesting you were a more likely candidate for sense... than my hosting company.

Ta for the quick response. It's appreciated. I'll see about making some database dumps (you want two, right? They'll be the same... won't they?) tomorrow in between real life, and probably PM you later this weekend with all the gory details.

And if ever you need help getting the caps off all those little bottles, just let me know.

14 Feb 02, 2008 11:22

EdB said:

Tinker with features your host provides that might have tinkered with .htaccess maybe? Just asking because usually some action immediately preceeding an undesirable situation is responsible for the undesirable situation, though we often don't realize the association until we've beaten ourselves up trying to find it.

Or something like that.

Well, damned if you wern't right, of course. I woke up this morning thinking on your words and worked through all the recent changes on that server. Compared it with my elderly but still serviceable backup. Eventually I found that the version of .htaccess on the server was not the one it was meant to be: it was another one from my 2.4 installation on my other server. At some point I'd copied the wrong one to the wrong server. Bingo. Reverted to backup htaccess, all fixed. My own cack-handedness, nothing wrong with B2evo of course.

Many many thanks both EdB and Yabba for your prompt help, which sent me off in the right direction.

15 Feb 02, 2008 12:14

You forgot my coffee :|

¥

16 Feb 02, 2008 19:19

Hi filthio. Glad you got it working yah?

Hey I dig on self-deprecating humor! Like I don't do "blond" jokes cuz I'm not and to my way of thinkin' it ain't cool to pick on or make fun of others. However since it's true that I am an alcoholic (10 days sober!!!) and am taking (non-addictive) medication for the "edginess", I get to take shots at myself till the cows come home yah?

So yeah it's always something right before the crapup happens that caused it. The kicker is to find what it was when the symptoms don't seem to align with anything we know we've done lately.

Form is loading...