Recent Topics

1 Jan 31, 2008 02:32    

I believe being rated by Digg bloggers will increase traffic to my blog. So I went to their web site at Digg and signed on as a member. I went to their section to add my blog and they need to know the following items below. I tried to enter different variations of answers but I kept getting error messages when I submitted them. While I had no problem at all with de.li.cious and Blog Catalog, this one has me stumped.

Which type of Blogger software do I use?

Typepad
Live Journal
Blogger (old)
Blogger (Google)
Movable Type
WordPress
Other (Advanced Setup)

What is my Blog API?:

Blogger (old) or Metaweblog API (which one?)

URL for XML-RPC of Blog (I have no clue what this is):
URL of Blog (there are many URLs listed in my blog dashboard, but I hope they just want the one that goes in the address bar of my browser):

I also need to know how to enable HTML in my posts. But I'll take all the help I can get from you all. Thanks very much from a newbie blogger. :)

2 Jan 31, 2008 05:16

Hi power-teams,

Welcome to the forums.
This is a difficult one to answer. In fact you want to get in touch with some one who has done this before. And that some one is not me.
Can you provide me the version of the blog you are using?

If you use 1.10, find the Digg plugin to start. The plugin will not (yet) work in the 2.x series of B2evo.
The answer to the questions by Digg is:
- Movable Type and URLtoYourBlog/xmlsrv/xmlrpc.php. I sincerely advise you to upgrade to B2evo 2.4 if you want to make optimal use of these functions.
- URL to blog is simply what you type in the adressbar of the browser without all the fancy stuff, so something like http://www.demo.b2evolution.net/

Good luck

3 Jan 31, 2008 05:26

Afwas wrote:

Hi power-teams,

Welcome to the forums.
This is a difficult one to answer. In fact you want to get in touch with some one who has done this before. And that some one is not me.
Can you provide me the version of the blog you are using?

If you use 1.10, find the Digg plugin to start. The plugin will not (yet) work in the 2.x series of B2evo.
The answer to the questions by Digg is:
- Movable Type and URLtoYourBlog/xmlsrv/xmlrpc.php. I sincerely advise you to upgrade to B2evo 2.4 if you want to make optimal use of these functions.
- URL to blog is simply what you type in the adressbar of the browser without all the fancy stuff, so something like http://www.demo.b2evolution.net/

Good luck

Thanks so much, Afwas. I have the newest version of B2evo, 2.4. I saw (after I posted my initial questions) that some of the tech people at B2evo are using Digg afer each post. This is exactly what I want to do. But, alas, I can't figure out how. I have asked my trusty web host tech guy to help and I believe he will tomorrow. Thanks again. I appreciate your response.

If, and when, I get it figured out, I'll post here to let others know who might be interested in the solution.

Form is loading...