Recent Topics

1 Feb 03, 2008 01:40    

My b2evolution Version: 2.40

I don't just want to list some nice links for my readers in my linkblog, but also explain each one with a short description. Problem is: the text I entered in the backoffice doesn't show up. How can I fix this?

2 Feb 03, 2008 02:19

I can think of two ways to do this. Three really, but writing the content on your monitor would be very ineffective.

ONE: Instead of using the "Linkblog" widget go with the "Page list" widget because it allows you to include the text. What you would do is pick the blog and the number of entries and then check a box for something like "allow snippet" or "foo bar" or "something like that". It's a checkbox. It'll make sense when you see it.

TWO: hack a core file. inc/widgets/model/_widget.class.php around line 588 you see " /* " and at 601 you see " */ ". Remove both those lines and see what happens. Note that the function you would be hacking into might one day be used somewhere else, meaning one day you'll get something you didn't bargain for.

Personally if I was you I'd go with #2 because I, when I'm being me instead of you, would like to know if it works or not ;)

3 Feb 03, 2008 22:08

Thanx for the quick response. I tried to fix "the problem" with both solutions, but neither did work.

No problem though, I am gonna use plain HTML.

4 Feb 04, 2008 11:28

I do it with the widget 'sideblog"
Works perfect for me

Form is loading...