Recent Topics

1 Feb 04, 2008 14:49    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I use B2e for my company blog, B2e is the business and its free, nothing on the market can touch it for price, functionality or support, because of this I want to leave the credits on the bottom, my only problem is there is a link for UK hosting, that is a product my company supply I don't want it on there.

I have worked out how to remove all the credits but I cant find out how to just remove that bit, I have searched the forum and been unable to find a post that relates to that bit could anyone help please.

Cheers

Steve

2 Feb 04, 2008 15:00

/inc/_vars.inc.php line 183

Good luck

3 Feb 04, 2008 15:30

Afwas thanks for your prompt reply.

having looked I understand why the "Good luck"

I have commented out the whole lot until I can find out what I need to remove just for the 1 link.

4 Feb 05, 2008 14:49

What you can do is : remove that credit line and put a link back to b2evolution somewhere else.
We don't care where you put the link back, as long as it is somewhere there on the page.

5 Feb 05, 2008 18:43

I did a two-part mod.
in conf/_application.php change lines 62-64 to read:

$credit_links = array(
	array( 'http://b2evolution.net/" title="powered by b2evolution', 'b2evolution' ),
	);

in inc/_vars.inc.php change lines 182-184 to:

$credit_links = array_merge( $credit_links );

Since I use a modified evopress having a link-back in the sidebar wasn't good enough (to me) because there is no sidebar on single-post pages.

6 Feb 18, 2008 20:25

After looking at the mess created to try to "push" competitors hosting companies I just removed the lot myself. I did not replace it with anything because there is already a prominent logo and link to b2 on the pages anyway. One logo/link is adequate to give credit to the source of the program.

I would have not gone this route if they ( authors ) had not made it an all-or-nothing choice and simply provided a means to turn off the link to their list of other hosting companies instead of trying to force me to promote them while denying me the option of adding my company to the list.

I did ask, never got on the list.
:-/

[u]Foot note[/u]: I believe in open source, however I do not believe that trying to force me ( A web host ) to provide a link to their list of my competitors has anything at all to do with a legitimate credit under GPL.

This "feature" should be complete removed or should include in the admin CP a means to turn it off. It is unethical and a slap in the face of any hosting company denied placement on their "special" list of hosts. and constitutes built in SPAM.

7 Mar 14, 2008 13:43

Found an easier one-step method to keep the feature without accepting all the undesirable linkage. Ignore changing conf/_application.php unless you want to add something to the credits array by using that feature. Instead change inc/_vars.inc.php change lines 182-184 to:

$credit_links = array_merge(array(array('http://b2evolution.net/','b2evolution')),$credit_links);

This way b2evolution will always be the first credit listed. Then anything you choose to add to your conf/_application file, then any credits you might have allowed from plugins (if they ask for it) and anything that comes with the skin you use.

8 May 27, 2008 17:01

Is it just me or has this moved in 2.4.2?

The array in _vars.inc.php is empty.

10 May 27, 2008 18:28

Thanks, I'll try that when I get home.

13 May 27, 2008 23:17

After that you should sit in the sun and sip fancy drinks with umbrellas and stuff :)

conf/hacks.php *should* do the job for you. If not we would have to see your file to ensure it is correctly structured. For example absolutely nothing before the <?php line, and absolutely nothing after the ?> characters at the end. Got link to your blog? Believe it or not it helps a lot.

Google "notepad++" for a cool replacement for plain old notepad. I use it for some stuff, but I prefer "HTML Kit" for my php file editing tasks.

14 May 27, 2008 23:27

hacks.php wrote:

<?php
// this kills footer spam in 241 and 242, leaving only a traditional linkback in it's place
global $global_Cache;
$evo_credit = array( array( 'http://b2evolution.net', 'Powered by b2evolution' ) );
$evo_linkback = array( '' => array( array( 100,'http://b2evolution.net/', array( array( 55, 'powered by b2evolution blog software' ) ) ) ) );
$global_Cache->set( 'evo_links', serialize( $evo_linkback) );
$global_Cache->set( 'creds', serialize( $evo_credit ) );
$global_Cache->dbupdate();
?>

url for blog is http://blog.navamuel.com/

I do not have a blogs folder just uploaded everything from that folder to the root.

Thanks for your time.

15 May 27, 2008 23:41

Octron your footer has the normal credits in it now, so there is nothing else for you to do. The hacks.php file removed "extra" links to things like a list of web hosts and info about putting ads on your blog. The links remaining in your footer are actually part of the skin you are using - not something this thread or hack addresses.

16 May 27, 2008 23:45

Hi

thanks, didn't noticed that, thanks for looking

17 Dec 11, 2008 14:27

The Octron recipe looks good, except for one thing: it updated the credits in the table in every access.

18 Dec 11, 2008 16:50

IIRC the reason it does that is because evo changed the db ( every hit ) if the links were removed.

Since then, and after a tad of a chat with FG, it no longer does that ;)

¥

19 Jan 01, 2009 19:09

Thanks much for all the posts. I didn't particularly like the idea of modifying the b2evo source and I really wanted to control the credits from my custom skin (which I might make public one day)... and these posts pretty much gave me a clue as to how I could do that.

Right before the call to credits in _body_footer.inc.php, I added the following:

global $global_Cache;
$credit_links = $global_Cache->get( 'creds' );
$my_links = array( array( "http://www.flickr.com/photos/45882720@N00/257669931/", "Header Photo (Sunset Mbalageti)" ) );
$credit_links = array_merge( $credit_links, $my_links );
$global_Cache->set( 'creds', serialize( $credit_links ) );

Sure, it resets everything every time it's called... but it does allow anyone who uses my skin to change it without jumping through hoops and it works in conjunction with hacks.php if you go that route.

20 Feb 26, 2010 01:57

The info in this thread is a bit dated, but the issue is still relevant. What's the current accepted method to do this in a way that modifies it for any theme?

All I want to do is change:

Contact • ©2010 by xxxxxx • Powered by b2evolution • multiblog • hosting companies

To just:

Contact • ©2010 by xxxxxx • Powered by b2evolution

Regardless of what theme the user selects.

21 Feb 26, 2010 02:36

b2evo 3 has an option to set the number of displayed credit links. Take a look at Blog settings > Advanced tab

22 Feb 26, 2010 03:10

sam2kb wrote:

b2evo 3 has an option to set the number of displayed credit links. Take a look at Blog settings > Advanced tab

Thanks! It's per-blog, but a workable solution.

Form is loading...