Recent Topics

1 Feb 06, 2008 05:53    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I would like to have 'blog A' display 1 post per page and 'blog B' to display 5 posts per page. Is this possible?

2 Feb 08, 2008 20:43

Hi Alberta,

What verion of B2evo are you using?

Good luck

3 Feb 08, 2008 21:04

I am using Key West.

4 Feb 08, 2008 21:46

One way is to make a duplicate skin and add this line to main.php:

$posts = 1; 

Do so here:

<?php
	// ------------------------------------ START OF POSTS ----------------------------------------
        $posts = 1;
	if( isset($MainList) ) $MainList->display_if_empty( '' ); // Display message if no post

if( isset($MainList) ) while( $Item = & $MainList->get_item() )
	{
	?>

And use the dupliceted skin for blog A.

Good luck

5 Feb 08, 2008 23:52

That won't work as $MainList is already built, you need to put $posts in a stub file ;)

¥

6 Apr 16, 2008 23:26

I have a related but somewhat different question.
I upgraded one blog from 1.9x to 2.4.1 and everything is great INCLUDING the fact that I've set posts per page to "1" which it does, but when I click on the archives for say August which has 8 posts, all 8 come up. I LIKE this.

However, I also have another blog that I'm testing out for converting over to b2e 2.4.1 from wordpress(shudder). I imported the wordpress blog using the wonderful utility linked to, and everything went better than I'd hoped for. However, I've set the posts per page to "1" in this blog as well, but when I click on an archived month (or category, etc) I still only get 1 post per page.

My Question is whether there is a setting in the admin that I'm missing or if this is a function of the Wordpress import and if so, is there a way to fix this.

Thanks for any input.

7 Apr 19, 2008 06:40

Just curious to see if anyone had any ideas as to why two installs of exactly the same versions would behave so differently and where I might look for the answer. I feel like it must be somewhere in the database, as I used the same files for both installs.

Any ideas?
Thanks

8 Apr 19, 2008 07:20

Compare all the settings on all the subtabs under the "Blog settings" tab, especially the ones on the SEO subtab, and see if there is anything there that helps find the reason?

9 Apr 19, 2008 19:53

EdB,
I'd checked through general and features but I hadn't gone through SEO and there were a few places to specify how many posts to put via archives, categories, and tags.. Thanks so much for the quick tip. It was a BIG help.

H.

Form is loading...