Recent Topics

1 Feb 07, 2008 06:25    

I have tried to include the plug-in with the "custom" theme as a sidebar (which I had previously with 2.2.0) and it now appears to not work right with 2.4.0. Everything which follows the plugin on the page, does not display. Its as if there is a hidden error that I am unable to see and the page stops being built.

Has 2.3 or 2.4 broken this plug-in?

2 Feb 07, 2008 06:33

Link please! Calendar certainly should work, especially with the custom skin, but seeing is believing yah?

3 Feb 07, 2008 12:54

Its very flaky behavior. I had removed it so that my blog would work, but I have added it back.

http://montegomusings.com/

Here are the symptoms:

1. From this direct link on occasion the calendar widget will show up fine but it plays "games" with the some of the ones below it. I have Archives and Categories widgets in that right-hand side-bar too.

2. The final footer is never displayed unless I remove the plug-in from the blog.

3. If you click on Home at the top, you'll get a slightly different behavior, but the bottom footer is still not shown.

4. When I am logged into the backoffice and view the blog, I don't see the calendar or anything after it.

This all worked fine in 2.2.0, but not after I upgraded to 2.4.0. Another oddity is that it works on my XAMPP windows locally, but not on my LAMP setup on the hosted server. I control the server, so with the exception of the normal daily control panel software updates, nothing has changed that I am aware of.

4 Feb 07, 2008 13:27

The issue seems to be one of missing closed </div>'s
Example"

<div class="bSideItem widget_core_coll_category_list"><h3>Categories</h3>

A validation check shows 11 errors and most are related to missing div's

5 Feb 07, 2008 13:38

Yup. Agreed. However, something is causing b2e to stop processing too because the HTML is not complete. So, its even worse than just a missing end tag.

7 Feb 07, 2008 13:51

Well, I had started writing out a long explanation of why I didn't think it could be memory related. I upped it to 16M and now the calendar control works.

I just cannot believe it that I can run a pretty healthy sized CMS, three of them actually, on this same server (not too active of sites) with no problems yet this one calendar plug-in has to consume so much?

Sounds to me like an issue with how that plug-in is coded or maybe the internals of b2e. Just seems odd to me.

But, thank you Afwas!

8 Feb 07, 2008 13:58

No, nothing particular wrong with the calendar plugin. B2evo simply grew to about 8Mb in the recent years. Anything can trigger the threshold.
B)
Don't forget the closing divs.
I am moving this topic from the bug section to the support.

Good luck

9 Feb 07, 2008 14:01

Ok. Definitely interesting about the memory requirements and thanks again for the help there. However, regarding this:

Afwas wrote:

Don't forget the closing divs.

I am not sure how/where to correct? I have simply used plug-ins/widgets only, and just the stock ones that come with the distro, so not sure how to hunt this down. If you can point me the right direction I can take it from there.

TIA

10 Feb 07, 2008 14:08

</div> error solved itself as I hoped it would.
The only error left:

Error Line 39, Column 52: end tag for "ul" which is not finished.
<div class="widget_core_colls_list_public"><ul></ul></div></div>

is caused by an empty public blog list. So add public blogs or remove the widget ;)

Good luck

11 Feb 07, 2008 14:14

Ah, yes, you are right. But its giving this now:

Line 39, Column 52: end tag for "ul" which is not finished.

<div class="widget_core_colls_list_public"><ul></ul></div></div>

It is a minor "nit", but it looks like it may be related to me having the "Public Blog List" widget enabled but no other public blogs active. The empty UL tags are not allowed under XHTML compliance. Looks like a slight code "tweak" is needed there.

12 Feb 07, 2008 14:15

Afwas, did you edit your prior post? I did not see the added detail until after I posted my own response... :-(

Again, its a "nit", but would be nice not to cause the non-compliance. But, I'll remove the widget until I am ready to add the other blogs.

Thanks!

Form is loading...