Recent Topics

1 Feb 10, 2008 12:08    

This is part of a message I got from Amazon:

We are writing to remind you that the Amazon E-Commerce Web Service 3.0 is scheduled to be deprecated on March, 31 2008. Our monitoring indicates that your associate tag is being passed into calls to Amazon E-Commerce Web Service 3.0. After March 31, 2008, we will no longer accept Amazon ECS 3.0 requests. Please make sure to contact your development team or application provider to ensure that they have upgraded to Amazon Associates Web Service 4.0 (formerly Amazon E-commerce Web Service 4.0) so that you or your customers are not affected by the shutdown.

This means the evoAmazon plugin will be obsolete. Will there be an upgraded version? I've tried to do it myself, but I've never worked with XML. By the time I figure it out, there will probably already be an AWS 5.0! (Incidentally, since the plugin is based on Jaap's Amazon Script, I have also sent emails to two addresses I found for him/her. So far I've gotten no response.)

3 Feb 10, 2008 13:09

Thanks! Don't know why I didn't see that when I was searching the forums. Sorry.

4 Mar 20, 2008 19:05

What will happen to all of the posts with the Amazon code?

6 Jul 16, 2009 11:43

Just received this from Amazon:

You are receiving this email because we have identified you as a user of the Amazon Product Advertising API (previously known as the Amazon Associates Web Service or the Amazon E-Commerce Web Service). If you are not aware that you use the API, that may be because you use it via a third-party script or application that calls the API.
We wanted to let you know that all Product Advertising API developers will be required to authenticate all calls to the Product Advertising API using request signatures by August 15, 2009. Calls to the Product Advertising API that are not signed will not be processed after August 15, 2009.

If you are not the developer of the script or application you use that calls the API, or you are unsure how you are using the API, please contact the original developer of the script or application you are using to ensure that your site or application will comply with the signed requests requirement and will continue to work after August 15 2009.

We’d also like to take this opportunity to point out the resources available to help you make this change to your applications:

-The Developer Guide has details on what signed requests are and how to construct signed requests.

-Sample Code for Signed Requests is available in Java, C# and Perl.

-Our technical staff and other customers are available to answer questions on our Community Forums.

-Other resources can be found at the Product Advertising API home page.

Thank you for advertising our products and we look forward to sharing the revenue from these sales.

Sincerely,

The Product Advertising API Team

7 nguirado Aug 17, 2009 23:13

nguirado

I just got a 400 error. I guess this is the reason. I love this plugin. I hope somebody rescues it.

8 Dec 15, 2009 06:33

You guys fixed it! thanks guys. Somebody always comes through here.

9 Nov 13, 2010 07:14

I noticed that the text links have tag=[amazon associate id] in the query string, but the image ones don't. Do they still work somehow? Thanks in advance.

Form is loading...