Recent Topics

1 Feb 10, 2008 22:36    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.0

I had customized my blog very easily in 1.10 by taking my page design and adding the blog php code in my body divs. This falls apart when I try to do the same thing in the 2.x version.

I can't seem to get a style sheet recognized and the php includes that I used in "my" template aren't found anymore.

Is my original approach not going to work anymore?

Here is the original site...
http://www.westernreservecondo.org/

I am only using the blog in the news section

Denny

2 Feb 10, 2008 22:57

Hi Tmaxx,

It's working in a similar way. The main difference is the fact that the files are split in pieces. For the stylesheet unclusion you edit the _html_header.inc.php file. This works as follows. If the file is not in the folder of your skin it will take the default from the /skins/ folder. So if you want to edit that file, you copy that file to the folder of your skin and you edit that file.
The skin consists of several files, _html_header.inc.php, _body_header.inc.php, index.main.php (or posts.main.php), _body_footer.inc.php and _html_footer.inc.php. You may also want to have a look at the other files, like the ones for comments. In general you don't need all this. You simply turn your attention to the provided style sheet, or in your situation, your custom stylesheet.

I hope this information gets you going. Do come back to the forums if you have subsequent questions.

Good luck

Form is loading...