Recent Topics

1 Feb 11, 2008 06:20    

Hello and since this is my first post I would like to thank you all for all these excellent work done!

Although I am a new user with b2evolution and unfortunately I can't donate (unemployment hit me :( ) thought to help out with the greek translation.

I already translated 20% 8| but if there is/are any other greek speaking user/s that would like to help and do this together that would be much better. :roll:

2 Feb 11, 2008 12:40

Hi alitissa,

Welcome to the forums.
Thanks for helping B2evo by making a translation. I won't be able to help you with Greek, but if you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck

3 Feb 11, 2008 14:12

Thank you Afwas,

For the moment I have a problem to extract the file. I guess it's a permission problem from what I have read but I have set all the permissions as instructions and still get the message

"../public_html/test/blog/blogs/locales/el/_global.phpยป is not writable."

I can extract other languages e.g. German but not Greek so it's something on my end. I guess I am missing something for the creation of the _global.php

:(

Edit: I don't know if what I did was right, but I copied the german _global.php to locales/el/ and the extract worked :-/

4 Feb 11, 2008 14:25

From memory: you can grab that file from a fresh download. There is no need to work on the server.
Furthermore you do not need to work on the _globals.php file. Generate that file from within a working B2evo blog once your translation is finished. See http://manual.b2evolution.net/Localization point 8.

Good luck

5 Feb 12, 2008 00:07

Hi Alitissa,
I'm working on the Hungarian translation, feeling alone too :-) Im At 51% now, but most of what a visitor can see is done. My trick was that as I did not find these kind of words in a dict. i dowloaded an other .po file and used it as a dictionary. It helps a lot for words like: feed, widget...

Unluckily i dont speak Greek but if I can help you with experience dont hesitate...

6 Feb 13, 2008 03:40

Afwas wrote:

From memory: you can grab that file from a fresh download. There is no need to work on the server.
Furthermore you do not need to work on the _globals.php file. Generate that file from within a working B2evo blog once your translation is finished. See http://manual.b2evolution.net/Localization point 8.

Good luck

But if the _globals.php is not generated then the language cannot become active, right? Anyway, I have it working now although I still have a lot to do :roll:

thank you anyway ;)

Peter wrote:

Hi Alitissa,
I'm working on the Hungarian translation, feeling alone too :-) Im At 51% now, but most of what a visitor can see is done. My trick was that as I did not find these kind of words in a dict. i dowloaded an other .po file and used it as a dictionary. It helps a lot for words like: feed, widget...

Unluckily i dont speak Greek but if I can help you with experience dont hesitate...

Hello Peter,

I am at 50% but most of what I have done have to be reviewed by another greek too :>>

I did the same thing with the .po files, as I translated Gallery2 too, but I left feed, widget, and other similar words untranslated. I think it would be more difficult for identify what the word means in greek than the english expression that is most common.

Thank you for your offer of help, I appreciate it and the same goes back to you for any help I could give you.

:cookie: for everyone

7 May 31, 2008 17:12

My name is Nikos i am Greek and would like to contribute to the translation.

8 May 31, 2008 19:38

If you make a messages.po file (from messages.pot using poedit) I can automagically turn it into a _global.php file for you. Well, actually you can. Register at http://wonderwinds.com/translator/ and it'll do it online for you - although technically it's still in the debug phase of generating _global.php files.

EDIT: oops. Actually right now I am the only one who can generate _global.php files because it ain't working right and I am constantly tweaking it. BUT if you still have problems with generating _global.php let me know and we'll see what it can do for you.

9 Dec 22, 2008 19:26

Hi there
is the greek translation to a good point completed?
can I help with this...?

best regards

panos milis

10 Nov 28, 2009 15:06

Hi all of you.
Is there a post where can I read something to be helped about the thumbnails of any photo I will upload in my site?
What is to do to have thumbnails of the images? :)

Form is loading...